Thread: graphics?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

graphics?

Is there any plans to upgrade the 8 bit graphics?

maybe you need a new rig. Yours obviously is trash if it looks 8 bit to you. Looks better than WoW and many other games out there.

and why should it matter if the graphics aren't of the highest quality, it's not a single player game, not as easy making an MMO with flawless graphics without lag, ask anyone who played MO, better graphics isn't always better.

I'm sure graphics will get better, but better gameplay should be the goal not better graphics.

I have most of the graphics maxed and the game looks better then what I had expected from viewing the screenshots and videos. It's obviously not as beautiful as say BFBC2 but then again this is a MMO - with a massive world and player base to handle. I would have to say that the only compliant about the graphics is that the grass is sometimes floating above the ground and messes with your camera view when looking around.

Now the sound and animation - thats a different story, but the graphics are better then expected and run flawlessly on my machine.

Rifts and Darkfall look better on the lowest settings than this game turned up... I play darkfall with full shadows just fine I use a gtx 480.. its a little old but still a great card.. Keep trolling me tazer boy.. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    rifts and darkfall look better on the lowest settings than this game turned up... I play darkfall with full shadows just fine..
    Then there is something awfully wrong with your video card, because I can load up DF right now and its not a par with this games graphics. Unfortunately servers are down or I could show you a side by side screenshot comparison - I would run your directx test - update drivers - and then stress test the card

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    Rifts and Darkfall look better on the lowest settings than this game turned up... I play darkfall with full shadows just fine I use a gtx 480.. its a little old but still a great card.. Keep trolling me tazer boy.. I love it.
    You run with full shadows on with a 480 humm..

What screen resolution are yu running ?

As for this game I say its slightly worse than darkfall but only just.. IF this game upped some of the textures they use it would be on par..

I did get worried when i first loaded up the character creator lol but in game seems fine tho I am a big lvoer of awesome looking games its just small companeis dont have the cash to put into the development of engines like that. The fact they have created a world you can change on the fly is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer0901 View Post
    and why should it matter if the graphics aren't of the highest quality, it's not a single player game, not as easy making an MMO with flawless graphics without lag, ask anyone who played MO, better graphics isn't always better.

I'm sure graphics will get better, but better gameplay should be the goal not better graphics.
    AoC and LOTRO have superb graphics, and Rift isn't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by harborsofmemory View Post
    AoC and LOTRO have superb graphics, and Rift isn't bad either.
    I don't see the problem with wanting good graphics and good gameplay. You can have both. Obviously the gameplay is the number 1 priority, but its not unreasonable to want good graphics. Not saying that Xsyon graphics are bad, because they aren't. But they could be better, and I think its a noble goal to strive for.