Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm sure you are right, but that too should have been expected.

After all the statement "Full Loot" is like a siren's call.

What seem really funny to me is that, yeah, you loot some new player, get his crap clothes and tools, and ... um... well... Whopee??

Now, to build up a tribe, dig out a cave in some forgotten corner, become known as the BEST weapon crafter in the entire Tahoe basin... Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    ahhh poor baby, need a tissue?
    To wipe your blood off my knife? No thank you. The blood stays on the blade. Someday you'll understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    I have played many PVE games over the years.
    Many with PVP.

And although this will be my first full loot PVP game, I am personally looking forward to what this game represents.

I am fully aware of what will happen, and prepared for gankers/griefers/wack'os that seem bent on ruining my day. Pfft!

None of what's happening atm is worrying me one little bit. ( "thar be pixels here" )

I have longed for a game where, I can actually affect the environment, build meaningful structures, be on the ground floor of shaping the game world, and make a name for myself due to my actions and not due to some game mechanic.

It seems very obvious to me that many QQ'ers don't actually appreciate what it takes to make a game like this, nor have they let any of the "VAST" experience they have in all the games they have played teach them anything.

Perhaps it is because I'm older, perhaps it is all the years I have spent in these games, but I don't feel entitled to anything I didn't work to accomplish myself. The game is a platform that we pay to interact with. The developers are the ONLY ones with rights. We have the option to play or not to play, depending on whether the game is fun to us.

We have the option to help the Devs to modify the game to be more fun, ( and we should alert then to bugs/exploits/improvements as often as we possibly can ) BUT, should not expect them to change things "just cuz' we wants it". They have a vision of what they want their product to be, and we can accept it or not.

So, we have wipes... no big deal as this is a stated testing phase.

We have lag and testing going on BEFORE the stated release date...
    No big deal either, since we have been fully informed and are, after all, adults right?

We don't have all aspects of the game in place yet...
    In a game that is supposed to evolve, and simulate a post-apocalyptic world where you would be lucky to even have clothes much less starter gear.

So, PLEASE let's all stop wasting our time moaning about our pet peeves, and help the devs find things faster, so that we all can get ingame faster!

As long as you modify you in game behavior full loot isnt an issue. Remember your not losing your level 80 purple gear that took 48 hours of raiding to aquire either.

Behavior modification is key for any full loot pvp game if it is your first.

Its very simple, and when you get use to it, it makes even simple tasks somewhat thrilling.

Never bring anything you dont directly need with you. This means if you are a crafter, your not going to need all your tools or armor on you if you plan to dig for junk. If you find something of value, its time to immediately sprint back to your basket. Cant tell you how many times ive looted someone who appeard to have been scavanging in that area for hours due to the amount of loot on him, and often these people bring tools with them, despite they craft back at home in saftey.

Basically you need to be aware of your surroundings, this means stopping and doing a 360 degree look OFTEN. Usually its best to scope out an areas you wish to scavange in, do a perimeter walk, approach unknowns already in the area before you aquire anything of value, see if they are friend or foe.

If you need to get goods from a "hot zone", simply ask around for a combat character, offer a reward for protection..."ill make you some armor, or give you food if you camp here for an hour and offer protection" Having friends that you trust is a must.

Know an escape route and how to sprint. Know which way is back to saftey, or at least near a tribe who will offer protection to you should you get chased down. Knowing your neighbors is important as they will recognize you but not the naked ganker close behind.

Really thats it...not very hard, but it does require behavior modification. You wont be able to afk in unsafe spots, however you may get away with it. Dont carry anything you cant affort to lose on you, scope out areas before focusing on resourceing, bring friends, be aware (this means stopping what you are doing and looking around often)

Do this and your losses will be minimal, and it will add a thrilling aspect to what otherwise would be hours of mindless harvesting.

Theres no reason you should be harvesting junk piles in your best armor (your not combat right? why give a combat character something visable to aquire?) or with tools, or in an area thats highly visable without protection.

Most of the QQ's i get after a gank are because they are pissed (though will NEVER admit it) that i just took hours of work away from them. They should be running back to their safe basket, or placing a prermission locked basket nearby and unloading every time they find something of value. Also they shouldnt be wearing their sunday best.

What seem really funny to me is that, yeah, you loot some new player, get his crap clothes and tools, and ... um... well... Whopee??

Now, to build up a tribe, dig out a cave in some forgotten corner, become known as the BEST weapon crafter in the entire Tahoe basin... Priceless!
    I find trying to be a pvp bad ass in Xsyon absolutely hysterical. I guess coming from 2 years of darkfall I have a little different perspective on what it takes to be a good pvp player (which I am not)

The QQ started literally the day the pvp crowd came over in mass and they are doing nearly all the QQing
    The problem with this (your post is literally QQing about pvpers in your game) is that pvpers have NOTHING to QQ about. We are not the ones losing our hard work from ganks, you are..because (see my other post) you are refusing to modify your behavior to suit a full loot ffa game.

Dont be mad that pvpers are ruining you game, get even or modify your behavior to minimize your losses.

And stop sending me whispers with angry words when i loot your pants and tools...stop going out with clothes and tools on you in the first place.

noob...

I'm glad I'm probably not going into the weapon crafting business, or we might end up competing from a couple of caves!

And as for QQ, I confess to being a bit whimpery this morning, but it's only because I've read every book in the house worth reading several times (feeling too anti-social atm to go to the library), and while there are a couple of other games I could be playing, Xsyon has stealthily drained all my capacity to enjoy those games. I just look at the icons on my desktop and go, Bleh. Killing and quests for more gear in games with communities of people I'd sooner spit on than speak to.

I do have a free trial for a trainwreck downloading, but that's a last resort.

little off topic, but QQ= quit. Like WCII you mash alt+QQ to quit out of a match.

As an offshoot its meant as crying too. Not someone who is apt to cry, but the actual act of crying, although that was much later use of the term. either way most of you are messing it up.

Like 12 year old white suburban kids tryna talk ghetto. It's funny at first, then annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    The problem with this (your post is literally QQing about pvpers in your game) is that pvpers have NOTHING to QQ about. We are not the ones losing our hard work from ganks, you are..because (see my other post) you are refusing to modify your behavior to suit a full loot ffa game.

Dont be mad that pvpers are ruining you game, get even or modify your behavior to minimize your losses.

And stop sending me whispers with angry words when i loot your pants and tools...stop going out with clothes and tools on you in the first place.

noob...
    my statement is just a statement of how things are I am not complaining about it now am i...

nice try though...no actually it wasnt, it was a fail try

Forum warriors are cute, especially the ones that look they are about to cry and quit before the games even released.

my statement is just a statement of how things are I am not complaining about it now am i...

nice try though...no actually it wasnt, it was a fail try
    161 fails and counting