Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    but your one of the same asking for more realism..the current state is more realism.
    just like mankind long ago..those that wanted to risk it all, and gain valor for it went off to fight, those that didnt stayed behind..and worked and crafted for those wanting to take on more danger by joining the legions of fighters..

for every blacksmith that did it because he like the job, there was ones that did it because they didnt like the alternative of possibly dying in combat..and prefered the safety of the town unless it got raided.

A blacksmith was required to feed the kings armies with needed armor. these armies would in turn protect the blacksmith from invading barbarians. It took few blacksmiths to supply a whole army. That is my point, there shouldnt be 90% of the game running around making baskets, there should only be a need for a few crafters to support the combat characters defending their saftey.

What we have now, is a world full of blacksmiths, pumping out armor in saftey, with few combat soldiers in which to protect them and use said armor. that is the balance issue im talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    A blacksmith was required to feed the kings armies with needed armor. these armies would in turn protect the blacksmith from invading barbarians. It took few blacksmiths to supply a whole army. That is my point, there shouldnt be 90% of the game running around making baskets, there should only be a need for a few crafters to support the combat characters defending their saftey.

What we have now, is a world full of blacksmiths, pumping out armor in saftey, with few combat soldiers in which to protect them and use said armor. that is the balance issue im talking about.
    as I already replied in another thread you were posting drivel in, this game is not based around PVP ;P so why shouldnt it have more crafter types, as that IS what it is based around

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Few blacksmiths, yes, but lots of farmers, weavers, tanners, masons, and carpenters. In this game, we aren't Mongol or Native American horse tribes (which probably had the maximum percentage of fighters per population of any group, ever, but I'm too lazy to look it up and find out for sure). We're not especially nomadic and we do build defensive structures, so a few blacksmiths wouldn't cut it.