Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    why should there actually be more risk for a pve crafter? There is little risk because there really is little risk. If you're going around in the wilds looking for fights there is more risk, obviously.

Why should an artificial risk to quietly staying at home be created?

Join the army = increased risk.
    Get involved in street fights = increased risk
    Stay at home and make baskets = low risk

its the way it should be!

and this part of the OP is most relevant - risk placed with the person who CHOOSES to defend crafters.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    why should there actually be more risk for a pve crafter? There is little risk because there really is little risk. If you're going around in the wilds looking for fights there is more risk, obviously.

Why should an artificial risk to quietly staying at home be created?

Join the army = increased risk.
    Get involved in street fights = increased risk
    Stay at home and make baskets = low risk

its the way it should be!

and this part of the OP is most relevant - risk placed with the person who CHOOSES to defend crafters.
    Yes but you have no need and no purpose without the combat characters. no need for defenses in a safe zone, and your nothing special or unique, or even needed as the 15th crafter in your 15 man tribe, especially since everyone can craft everything. You dont need armor either if you spend your time within a 10 second sprint of your safezone either.

it all completely nullifies a large part of the game.

I guess at the heart of this issue is a sandbox where the game rules, not the player rules, are dictating the paths that players will choose. This is why we see so few combat characters and everyone is a friendly crafter. Not exactly a dangerous post apocalypic world with tribal warfare over resources now is it....

Sounds like Hello Kitty they way they describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Sounds like Hello Kitty they way they describe it.
    You're blind.

There is FFA pvp.

You will find people to kill, protect, and befriend.

Wars are coming.

You have to WAIT.

Man these people are so thick.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    You're blind.

There is FFA pvp.

Wars are coming.

You have to WAIT.

I was referring to the carebear crafters. I know that it's coming, and i can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    You're blind.

There is FFA pvp.

Wars are coming.

You have to WAIT.

There are hardly any combat characters as is, and even less evil aligned tribes and players. There will be no one to war against if the game rules favor those who play nice and stay within their safe zones.

Once the few evil aligned tribes get zerged by the masses of good aligned tribes, they eventually will give up and move on, leaving no one to war against. Doesnt sound very fun

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    There are hardly any combat characters as is, and even less evil aligned tribes and players. There will be no one to war against if the game rules favor those who play nice and stay within their safe zones.

Once the few evil aligned tribes get zerged by the masses of good aligned tribes, they eventually will give up and move on, leaving no one to war against. Doesnt sound very fun

There is either a post in the FAQ section or it was an interview, but what xsyon said is this: There should be less evil players and many more good/neutral. Good and neutrals can war against each other, but it will be more "Friendly". Evil is already supposed to be in the minority. There will still be wars, they just might be for fun.

BUT... this is all after prelude. You might just have to wait 6 months.

I guess at the heart of this issue is a sandbox where the game rules, not the player rules, are dictating the paths that players will choose. This is why we see so few combat characters and everyone is a friendly crafter. Not exactly a dangerous post apocalypic world with tribal warfare over resources now is it....
    Wait until the game goes live. I'm sure you'll get your fill of PvP when ever you desire it. Give it some time bro. Patience.

its really not.

at this time this really isnt a pvp game, yeah its got pvp in it, yeah its full loot even though all the loot you can get from pvp you can get literally by bending over and picking it up from the ground but when it comes to pvp games this really isnt the game guys. It might be later I dont know. I personally dont care, I come from Darkfall and if I want pvp I can get all I can possibly stand so I dont need a pvp fix anymore (barely ever need it to be honest but it is fun during warfare).

so really guys, lets get back to talking about stuff like building canoes and the ablity to deficate in the forest and leave the pvp talk for real pvp games...seriously