Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    eve's safezones create issues that wont work in a game this small, its already been disproven as a good thing in eve anyway...this isnt eve...dont try to make this like eve.
    just FYI eve online started off with a smaller player base then this game with a system that you say won't work with a game this small. Nothing has been disproven about eve system being good thing or not, you are injecting your opinion as fact as anyone with an IQ knows an opinion can not be disproven or proven only facts and the fact is eve's system works there is a reason why it has only kept growing since 2003.

also this isn't dark fall, don't try to make it like darkfall.
    also this isn't mortal online, don't try to make it like mortal online.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    just FYI eve online started off with a smaller player base then this game with a system that you say won't work with a game this small. Nothing has been disproven about eve system being good thing or not, you are injecting your opinion as fact as anyone with an IQ knows an opinion can not be disproven or proven only facts and the fact is eve's system works there is a reason why it has only kept growing since 2003.

All true.

And we don't even know what will happen between now and 6-9 months from now as far as game population, land mass, features, or anything else goes. Time to not stress this issue for awhile.

to make the game like DF, we would have to remove content, no one wants that

to make the game like MO we would...well its close to MO imo, but still

you are just using forum buzz phrases to prove your point

we dont need the game to follow eve either, that game has issues and has issues related to its static safe zones.

enough with the buzz phrases or "it worked in this game so...."

to make the game like DF, we would have to remove content, no one wants that

to make the game like MO we would...well its close to MO imo, but still

you are just using forum buzz phrases to prove your point

we dont need the game to follow eve either, that game has issues and has issues related to its static safe zones.

enough with the buzz phrases or "it worked in this game so...."
    if i'm using forum buzz phrases than what the hell are you using?

if i'm using forum buzz phrases than what the hell are you using?
    read my OP in my thread discussing this please, mabey you can understand both what a true sandbox is and what safezones (like eve or not) and penalties twords a chosen path in game mean

thank you

read my OP in my thread discussing this please, mabey you can understand both what a true sandbox is and what safezones (like eve or not) and penalties twords a chosen path in game mean

thank you
    you don't know what a true sandbox is, you just have your opinion about it. like i said show me where a sandbox is defined as you describe it. a sandbox is a player term not a genre defining term and since it is a player term it has different meanings for different players thus being subjective.

thank you

you don't know what a true sandbox is, you just have your opinion about it. like i said show me where a sandbox is defined as you describe it. a sandbox is a player term not a genre defining term and since it is a player term it has different meanings for different players thus being subjective.
    we're really arguing over who has the better definition of sandbox.

serioulsy?

On that note... This game isn't EVE, either. Also, EVE has no space-MMO competition, yet. No idea if Black Prophecy and Jumpgate 2 are going to be released.

It's foolish to be different for the sake of being different. It's a much better idea to look back and see what works well and what doesn't work well. It's also not wrong to experiment, but you have to be willing to adjust accordingly. They can release the game like it is now, but if something seems broken with how the way the systems work with respect to each other, then it'd be really foolish not to try to make it better after the game is released just because it might upset a couple people.

I'm going to say that I think having tribal safe zones is a good idea. Since, like it's been pointed out, that's a relatively small area. However, are there any "exploits" with this? Well, yes I think there are. People can set up individual homesteads that function as safe zones, so a bunch of individuals could form a de facto tribe of homesteads around a lot of resource nodes, practically cornering the market for those items if they don't appear in suitible quantities. This might not be so bad knowing that they can be killed while transporting their goods amongst their "tribe" mates, but it's still just one scenerio that might not be balanced as well as it otherwise could be.

Another issue is the ghost form. Good players can just stalk and spy on people when they are dead and no one can do anything about it. Or they can keep respawning over an evil player until they wear that person down enough to kill them. This effectively makes good players invulnerable. The Good vs. Evil system needs to be tweaked to make it more fair. It should certainly be harder for an evil player, but only if the rewards for doing so are good enough to compensate. Just that it'd be a harder, more difficult, playstyle would be enough of a detterent for many people to choose to be good. But it MUST be balanced.