Things I wish I had known as a noob

I'm starting this thread as a helpful guide for nooks. I know there are little things I wish I had known early on in the game that I eventually learned, but would have been nice to know a bit earlier.

Please post those tips you would pass on to others noobs. Plus anything in the 'tip' category that experienced players may have missed. I'll start out with a couple.

- to get food, use the forage action. (sounds simple, but the chat channels almost always get this question from new players.

- keep your resources tab open. When u walk over an area, the resources will change dyamically, making you exploration more productive. If u find a resource u need, and u have the right tool, u can harvest them. This is also how u drink.

- carrying logs.. U carry them on your back. U cannot put them in your pack. I see this one in chat sometimes also. (plus I messed with trying to do this also)

- many gathering tools have to be manually equiped. Remove your weapons and put your axe in your right hand (on the inventory screen). I had a devil of a time wondering why I couldn't chop down a tree when I had an axe in my inventory. I am used to most games, where it automatically picks the require item from your pack.

That's all I can think of. If I can think of any more, I'll add em.

Remember where you first spawn, after getting set up go back to that area to grief noobs

Press esc and go into keybinds. You'll see all useful keys... like how to walk... how to sit... how to run... how to combat... etc.

PS: Be sure you are moderately safe... if you're killed while in keybinds that is not griefing.