Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Now for something a bit more helpful...

Instead of adding to the cacophony of less than helpful posts...
    ( Sorry my first post added to the flood )

Why not try and find useful and helpful hints for new players?

I'll start...

Once you have made your new character and are logging in for the first time, it is wise to be ready to run away, as somebody may be lurking by the spawn spot for an easy kill.

As a new player, remember that things are meant to be very similar to real life, You cannot kill a bear singlehanded here anymore than you can in real life. View almost every creature man or beast as extremely dangerous.

Fishing is an easy and effective way to keep from starving. If you are playing solo, there are foods you can forage, but many are hard to find... learn to fish.

DO NOT CARRY your valuables on you are you go scavenging. Learn to make baskets and set the permissions. Then store truly valuable things where others cannot loot them off you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Instead of adding to the cacophony of less than helpful posts...
    ( Sorry my first post added to the flood )

Why not try and find useful and helpful hints for new players?

I'll start...

Once you have made your new character and are logging in for the first time, it is wise to be ready to run away, as somebody may be lurking by the spawn spot for an easy kill.

As a new player, remember that things are meant to be very similar to real life, You cannot kill a bear singlehanded here anymore than you can in real life. View almost every creature man or beast as extremely dangerous.

Fishing is an easy and effective way to keep from starving. If you are playing solo, there are foods you can forage, but many are hard to find... learn to fish.

DO NOT CARRY your valuables on you are you go scavenging. Learn to make baskets and set the permissions. Then store truly valuable things where others cannot loot them off you.
    if someone kills you at your spawn point you will loose what? a few tools?
    most people are not very worried about this to be honest. Yes some are but its blown waaaaay out of proportion

Yup, this jpeg should pop up in game the second you log into Xsyon......

I noticed something interesting last time servers were live. Normally you have a 30-second delay when logging out. You can bypass that, but I believe your toon still stays in the game-world, vulnerable, for that full 30 seconds. However: if you log in but do not move at all (I think rotating on the spot is OK), and then log out, logout is instant.

So if you log in and see some naked crazy man (or bear) making a beeline for you, logout, wait a few minutes, then log back in again.

this isnt the forumfall forum pvp i was looking for.....

Only if they caption the "Run Forest run!" in there .
    There is a bit of play on words in there too...

The one about running right off was due mostly to the fact that the very first time I logged in a guy was already trying to kill me.

However, I will say that that was the only time it happened, still seems a prudent thing to be ready for.

That's why i like spawning on founder's isle. It's suppose to be safe there as far as i am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    if someone kills you at your spawn point you will loose what? a few tools?
    most people are not very worried about this to be honest. Yes some are but its blown waaaaay out of proportion
    Well, if you already have a tribe and friends and such support mechanisms, losing the only tools you have might not be a big deal.. But for fresh newblets, having to reroll to get your tools back because some douche decided he wanted some lolz, literally 2 seconds into the game, is not a good way to get started with any kind of enthusiasm :/

99% of people that have killed me have not taken my tools, none of those deaths were in a starter zone. PKer generally hang out in junkpiles (since that's where the majority are). You can still kill bears, solo and with a shovel. Spam left and right buttons on your mouse while in combat = win 80% of the time.