Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    hey man, if your ok with tribal wars being as rare as old saw blades before the bug fix then so be it. have fun with that
    Well...in a month I wonder what I'll be doing... But as long as the game gets a foundation for the future, I'm all for it. I like war systems more than pretty much any other mechanic. Yet, I feel that the current decisions are the correct ones and I want to be here to put my hand in the community discussions on how the war system could pan out in the future. This is not my game. This is the game of the community that has been testing with Jordi and his vision. And frankly the genre might even need this.

its much more safe, you have hardly any evil combat characters running around, as DF had nothing but that, you can easily harvest inside a safezone with no way to circumvent the defenses as in DF and all the best resources (junk piles) can be placed within a mobil safezone. its much safer
    well that is a point. Its safer for harvesters but not exactly crafting. I was thinking crafting only

There's a very good reason why 75% of the EVE playerbase can be found in the so-called "safe-zone" at any given time of day...

CCP knows what makes their game tick, that's why they've never removed the "safe-zone".

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Well...in a month I wonder what I'll be doing... But as long as the game gets a foundation for the future, I'm all for it. I like war systems more than pretty much any other mechanic. Yet, I feel that the current decisions are the correct ones and I want to be here to put my hand in the community discussions on how the war system could pan out in the future. This is not my game. This is the game of the community that has been testing with Jordi and his vision. And frankly the genre might even need this.
    i agree with this, i just want to lay a foundation for future balance. nerfing combat characters, or the evil faction at every oppertunity is only going to make matters much less enjoyable down the road.

i want there to be plenty of evil faction tribes in which to war against, not just a small handfull all in alliance with eachother and with each tribe camp placed close by to their allied buddes. That wont be any fun.

I also dont want a situation where the game is 99% crafters down the road, the need to make being combat more viable than just farming players becoming evil and losing stats on death.

the future needs a foundation for balance if we are going to actually enjoy it all down the road.

i see them getting a bit carried away by requests from fearful pve'ers who want no part in what this game will be about down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    well that is a point. Its safer for harvesters but not exactly crafting. I was thinking crafting only
    it doesnt get any more risk free than crafting currently, park your ass at your totem and get to work, hell in a tribe you dont even need to leave the safezone, you can progress simply by avoiding all risk. this is bad.

there already is more risk for a combat character, far too much risk when compared to the unlimited saftey of a crafter. combat characters will always be in more risk, however when you make crafting that much safer, it leads to a game of nothing but crafters, which is what we have now. not going to be very fun come tribal warfare when theres nobody to war against is it?
    Plaese read some more about the game, your points doesn't make much sense. There will be war with PvP players or without them, crafters need resources to craft and everyone needs crafted items just to survie. Once scrap piles are gone there will be war, probably over mines. No one is trying to force no PvP rule on this game, we just trying to tell you that PvP will not look like you see it.
    Serious wars will start when scrap piles are gone and WAR system is implemented. Just wait till it happens or come back then.

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    There's a very good reason why 75% of the EVE playerbase can be found in the so-called "safe-zone" at any given time of day...

CCP knows what makes their game tick, that's why they've never removed the "safe-zone".
    and they have become very successfull by catering to both the pvp and pve crowds, giving the players the freedom to choose. You do forget that you can still pvp in high sec, there is wardecs that happen all the time and alot of pkers wardec just to go after what some of you all call carebears.

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post

and they have become very successfull by catering to both the pvp and pve crowds, giving the players the freedom to choose. You do forget that you can still pvp in high sec, there is wardecs that happen all the time and alot of pkers wardec just to go after what some of you all call carebears.

i agree with this, i just want to lay a foundation for future balance. nerfing combat characters, or the evil faction at every oppertunity is only going to make matters much less enjoyable down the road.

i want there to be plenty of evil faction tribes in which to war against, not just a small handfull all in alliance with eachother and with each tribe camp placed close by to their allied buddes. That wont be any fun.

I also dont want a situation where the game is 99% crafters down the road, the need to make being combat more viable than just farming players becoming evil and losing stats on death.

the future needs a foundation for balance if we are going to actually enjoy it all down the road.

i see them getting a bit carried away by requests from fearful pve'ers who want no part in what this game will be about down the road.
    how everything will eventually pan out nobody really knows 100% for sure, not even the developer. That said, what you can count on is that this game will be crafting/building primarly with pvp as a secondary focus. the developer has said that more than once and reading the feature list on the game as well as taking a close look at what he has decided to code first should give everyone a general idea of what to expect.

This game will be pvp light, exactly how he plans to do it is less important. what is important is for players to understand the objective.