Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Racial/Faction Conflict

Zomibies would be a pretty awesome race to add down the line. You could add some good lore to their introduction, pulling from the various great zombie movies out there.

Are they not trying to be moderately realistic though? No magic etc. Hardly seems a place for zombies.

If the animal life becomes mutated if it crosses the border then zombies are not that far off really.
    They could be the completely evil race since they always crave for brains.

[b]Lily wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Are they not trying to be moderately realistic though? No magic etc. Hardly seems a place for zombies.[/quote]Zombies are moderately realistic.....28 days later is a hell of a lot more believable then lord of the rings.

[b]TangerineSky wrote:[/b]
    [quote][b]Lily wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Are they not trying to be moderately realistic though? No magic etc. Hardly seems a place for zombies.[/quote]Zombies are moderately realistic.....28 days later is a hell of a lot more believable then lord of the rings.[/quote]

Omg, QFT from the heart.

[b]TangerineSky wrote:[/b]
    [quote][b]Lily wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Are they not trying to be moderately realistic though? No magic etc. Hardly seems a place for zombies.[/quote]Zombies are moderately realistic.....28 days later is a hell of a lot more believable then lord of the rings.[/quote]
    I guess I'd better watch that tonight then. I think it's on the list.

Ah yes, #30.

[b]Dominus wrote:[/b]
    [quote]If the animal life becomes mutated if it crosses the border then zombies are not that far off really.
    They could be the completely evil race since they always crave for brains.[/quote]

Zombies does not eat brain, that would be disgusting! They eat your flesh and when they do that they infect you.

Here is a response I got from a FAQ question I asked a while ago:

[color=#800000][b]My Question:[/b]
    Hey, I was wondering if the undead you see in the screenshots are players or NPCs. I ask this because I was led to believe that the undead are the evil players. And if they are NPCs then why have evil tribes?

[b]The Answer:[/b]
    In the screenshots these were players, but as we're not going to allow
    players to play undead yet this is not an announced feature. There will
    be undead NPCs during the Prelude.

The system for players becoming undead will be announced later.
    Currently it's not an official feature.

Evil tribes are for players who want to be evil. That's about it. :-)

Thanks for the questions.[/color]

Now I hope this sheds some light on the subject for people.

I'm not really against different factions having conflicts with each other so long as it is player driven at its heart. I've always felt like racial divides ruin player driven PvP, simply because things don't work like that a lot of times. In a post apocalyptic world there might be a few groups who attack based on race, but a lot of groups are concerned about survival. Different factors motivate people differently, so I'd be pretty worried to hear of a focus on racial based PvP.

The one picture in the gallery looks like a zombie PC holding a shovel.