View Poll Results: PvP like Salem?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd like to see something similar.

7 29.17%
  • No, use the system suggested by the devs.

13 54.17%
  • No, I'd prefer something else entirely.

4 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer View Post
    If Salem is anything like Haven & Hearth, it might not be a good idea. All it resulted in was people slaughtering entire villages so they couldn't be tracked down and murdered instead of just killing one or two people.
    Then those villages really lacked connections and allies. Players should network and stick together.

The only flaws i see are:
    - It's hard to get rid of powerful and organized guilds of criminals without starting an all-out war.
    - If there are too many of those guilds, the wars never stop and no place is ever safe. The game can get kinda tedious.

Perma-death is good... to a point. Between MMO's I played games like Travian and Tribal Wars. Essentially, they all involve perma-death too.

Basically, in the early stages, dying should be a set-back but not game-breaking. In the mid stages, dying should be more of a burden but be much less common. IE - you're stronger, more equipment, more defense, more allies. In the later stages dying should have an option that doesn't require you to go through the first 2 stages all over again (could be talking about a year of game-time).

Those other games I mentioned got around the late-game perma-death by resetting servers every several months and having server start times overlap. I can't see that working for Xsyon. They would need a mechanic that made dying very undesirable but still something a player (not necessarily their toon) could recover from.

Quote Originally Posted by StarvingSteve View Post
    Imo very bad idea. It's an artifical rule that takes away from immersion and sandboxyness while adding nothing to the game. Also, playing "more realistically" means being the only who gets ganked, because you were the only one stupid enough to disable your safe zone.
    Virtus was mistaken. After Prelude, safety zones are going to be turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Virtus was mistaken. After Prelude, safety zones are going to be turned off.
    What makes you think so?
    The quote is quite recent and Virtus didn't correct himself, at least not in the same thread...

edit: the quote is from here:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...PVP-game/page6

Quote Originally Posted by StarvingSteve View Post
    What makes you think so?
    The quote is quite recent and Virtus didn't correct himself, at least not in the same thread...

edit: the quote is from here:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...PVP-game/page6
    "The main discussion seems to be regarding safe zones. Some players are imagining 'safe switches' that can be turned on and off. That's not part of any plan. I am considering allowing tribes that want to war sooner than others to remove their safe zone if they so desire. A separate zone (as the mist clears) or server with no safe zones at all is also under consideration depending on the world's population. My goal is not to impose new limits as solutions but to give more choices." - Xsyon

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...Archive/page19

It was verified via PM to me, too.

So, safe zones turned off after Prelude. He may allows us to turn off safety earlier than planned. If population allows, making a zone or server that has save zones off during Prelude will be considered, too ( as opposed to a zone or server, I assume).

ah, that's nice. I thought the devs wanted to change the system because of all the concerns...

Well, we'll see how it all turns out.