Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i can already grief

i just want balance and a true sandbox...not areana pvp where its all consentual.

i just want balance and a true sandbox...not areana pvp where its all consentual.
    The problem is, balance and a 'true sandbox', by your definition is impossible. Safe zones create balance between crafting and pvp. And since when was anywhere not in my safe zone considered 'consensual arena pvp'? It's more like; FFA full loot pvp as soon as I step outside my small building area...

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    The problem is, balance and a 'true sandbox', by your definition is impossible. Safe zones create balance between crafting and pvp. A since when was anywhere not in my safe zone considered 'consensual arena pvp'? It's more like; FFA full loot pvp as soon as I step outside my small building area...
    beaten to death in my thread concerning this.. you cant understand because to understand means you have to agree with a view other than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    beaten to death in my thread concerning this.. you cant understand because to understand means you have to agree with a view other than yours.
    This is by far exactly what you're doing.
    I'd love a "true sandbox". Sadly this game is a sandbox and not a "true sandbox". You have to realize that your vision of this game is not THE vision of this game.

But... back to the topic.

Mobile safezones aren't going to hurt anything. It doesn't take long to understand why.
    The game will have them for the next 6 months.
    This can change, but it will not change at the moment.
    There are only like 3 or 4 people out of 20 or 30 regulars who can't grasp this. For those people it might be best to return when the safe zones are gone and those tools for allowing player protection may or may not be in place. You cannot protect effectively with broken combat, no walls, no real gates, no economy, no moral compass.

You do realise I never made a post in your thread? Oh, and read this to yourself very carefully:
    You have to realize that your vision of this game is not THE vision of this game.

I agree whole tribes won't be getting up an leaving. However, nothing is stopping a group from leaving the tribe and creating another tribe on the resource to deplete it. I hope this isn't a problem, but it might

I can actually see this scenario playing out in a role-playing sense. I was reading different tribe advertisements, and the Nomads are planning, nomadic type behavior. I don't know if it will be on this scale, but it would be pretty neat if they designed their their tribe so that they didn't really bother will walls and alot of terraforming, but went to an area, set up tents, etc, stayed maybe a year (game time) or half a year, then moved to the next area. Would definitely throw a variable in the politics if they were also mercenary. They could add their forces to the highest bidder and really throw a wrench in the local area.

I'm not speaking for the Nomads, just a little light daydreaming on what could be done. No offense is intended to the Nomads, its just the only guild I saw with anything like this type of philosophy. From what I read and remember, It was more of a send out roving bands from your tribal area. Like I said, just a little light daydreaming and trying to fit the who movable safe zone concept.

8. 02-24-2011, 10:41 PM

Taking what's in game at the moment and then extrapolating that forward to predict what will happen in the game world in 3/6/9 months' time is totally futile.

There are so many game-changing features yet to be implemented:
    • Item and structure decay - how fast will weapons/armour/structures break and need to be made anew ?
    • Dozens of new animals/monsters will be added - where will they be ? how often will they respawn ? what will they drop, and how much of it ?
    • Resource depletion - how often will trees regrow, and where ? will junk piles respawn ? will heavily fished areas lose their fish stocks ?
    • Magic system - will it perhaps make crafters useful in combat ?
    • Religion system - what will it mean ? how will it be used ?
    • Combat changes - polearms (longer reach), mounted combat (where will the horses be spawned for taming ?), ranged combat (when, what, how)
    • Tribal warfare - EVE-style wardec or consensual ? With or without alignment penalties ?

I could go on for another 2 pages, lol.

All these features will combine to change the way we play. So anyone that predicts the downfall of Xsyon because "with the current features, it will fail" has no clue what they are talking about.

It has been said officially that secondary totems will be used to expand tribal land. Let's not forget after Prelude it will be possible to take these totems over by siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    It has been said officially that secondary totems will be used to expand tribal land. Let's not forget after Prelude it will be possible to take these totems over by siege.
    don't worry your post will not be understood as the pker's doesn't understand what the devs have said unlike everyone else.