Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the concern about "mobile safezones" is flawed

it seems a few PvP people vs the crafting side seem to envision large crafting tribes just uprooting and moving when their junkpile inside their ring runs out.. causing it so they can never attack the crafters, as they just up and move each time they eat up a pile.

does anyone really think that a tribe that spent a month or so building up a village full of buildings, walls, road,s terraforming to get those things down..design and layout.
    is going to go

"man we have no junk within 50m of us, lets abandon these buildings, take hours moving our baskets of metal,plastic,cloth, and leather...and just start over with nothing other there near that trash pile"

if anything..the "mobile safe zones" are a bigger advantage to the solo or small group PvP people..as they can just move and plop down a totem and a few baskets near thier target, once bored and/or defeated them..they can move.

so how does the logic of the larger crafting villages have an easy option of just dragging a totem around with them as needed?

Is there a way to remove the totem without disbanding the tribe? I did that and ended up with a 300ish minute timer before making the tribe again heh

no you have to disband, wait 300 minutes, reform and place a new one down..and ALSO hope your new spot isnt within 200m of someone else..

well the same is true for the pvp player. Here is is having farmed some harvesters for a month. He has 4 bins filled with goodies. Its not like he can just put it up on his cart and drive to his next homestead.

Speaking for myself I actually do have plans to be mobile but I plan to leave everything I dont want behind publically open just take my crafting goodies with me, be it my new armor set or whatever (edit: that is one plan although i havent decided when I am going to do that).

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    well the same is true for the pvp player. Here is is having farmed some harvesters for a month. He has 4 bins filled with goodies. Its not like he can just put it up on his cart and drive to his next homestead.

Speaking for myself I actually do have plans to be mobile but I plan to leave everything I dont want behind publically open just take my crafting goodies with me, be it my new armor set or whatever.
    oh yea not saying its not possible, just saying the entire logic behind one reason to remove safezones as in "larger crafting tribes can just keep moving" is extremely not in the best interest of that tribe to do so.

If you did have to move it would be a pretty nice adventure. You'd need combat players to protect from the 16 + other mobs and other random players that might come to wreak havoc on your troop.

I like that you can move your home for this reason. Granted I doubt anyone would be moving until the world expands and piles are gone. One thing is for certain that resources will be more plentiful away from the tribe later on.

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    oh yea not saying its not possible, just saying the entire logic behind one reason to remove safezones as in "larger crafting tribes can just keep moving" is extremely not in the best interest of that tribe to do so.
    agreed. I doubt they will move. They might have a few players drop from tribe, setup a camp somewhere else to craft what is needed and come back to main camp but main camp is likely to stay execpt for solo players who arent doing much architecture.

With that said, I dont think many pvp tribes will be doing it either.

will never happen, NOTE! this is a big speculation! From what I seen in the data files totems will be craftable, several kinds in several flavors. its likely they will be used to extend the border or claim a mine when those come in and those will be contested for. its the way tribes will later claim more and what they will fight over.

again, this is speculation / on nothing but data files and my own mind founded.

also, land will be scarce. i doubt after all the tribes get settled after the final wipe there won't be any available spots left for tribes to just up and move when they want.

It’s propaganda to drive development to what they want (grief). They won’t be happy until they can…