Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    I agree with Neocron. I really wish someone would remake it with updated graphics and do away with those shitty zone walls.

Mortal Online has some of the best concepts for combat, but the server needs some serious love before the game is really playable.

Shadowbane was the first epic siege feeling most of us have probably ever had. No other game has really done the sieges as well. Darkfall came close, but the prebuilt cities sorta ruin the city-planning fun that made Shadowbane so good. I feel like DF was a step forward in some ways, but also a few steps back in some key elements. Less cannon, moar treb.

Shadowbane!!!!!!!!
    I agree brando Shadowbane made me smile..

What a question. World of Warcraft of course.

[QUOTE=Lerxst;51290]Anyone play MUDs back in the day? Yeah, that was the best time I had in a PvP/PK environment.

[/QUOTE]

I remember a local BBS system around here, probably early 1980s , that was nothing but a ladder system, and you would "pvp" other players while they were offline (only one person on the phone line at once) , and their save rolls were made by the computer... was a ton of fun, and the apex of PvP for its time...

WWIIOL; one server, largest map, no loading zones! BUT, Xsyon is a whole lot funner!! hehe : )

AC
    Shadowbane
    Daoc before they did away with Andred server

I have never been really any good at pvp but I always love playing it and typically pick pvp only servers.

[QUOTE=Robbhood;49807]What is yours? What tools weapons are used? Skill v. gear?

The purist skill based MMO for pvp I have ever played is WWIIOL. A skilled player can take an inferior piece of equipmnt (tank, plane, rifle, etc...) and kill an enemy.

You would have to know you stuff, a skilled pilot could take up, say a spitfire MKI and defeat a less skilled FW190 driver.

BTW: victory comes when one side captures 95% or so of enemy towns, in which there are several 100. A single campaign takes, usually on the average, 50-60 days of 24/7 combat. All of weastern Europe at 1/2 scale, no zomes or instances.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I destroyed people with my rifle (DHoff, if you remember my videos).

If mortal actually worked correctly, then it would be goldy good but.....

Xsyon Citizen
    DarkFall

[QUOTE=Lerxst;51290]Anyone play MUDs back in the day? Yeah, that was the best time I had in a PvP/PK environment.

Things like blindness, take on a new meaning when your screen just says "someone entered the room" instead of giving details. Potions boiling over when you get hit with a Fireball, armor melting when you take acid damage and then, of course, the full-loot (of whatever was left) system in place and exp penalty for death gave new meaning to frustration... but it was addictive as hell!

UO came second, but lacked some of those other details. After that was Asheron's call (Darktide server).[/QUOTE]

^ most fun ever