Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I am new too mmos, can anyone tell me what PVP and PVE stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Volcom View Post
    Download WWII Online, noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcom View Post
    i'm sure you are joking but just incase i will be a nice guy and take the bait.

PVP = player vs player
    PVE = Player vs enviroment

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    Uh... so could a pve/crafter explain to me how one 'fights for justice' without leaving a safe zone?
    it's not about that, a crafter doesn't have to fight for anything if that's how they choose to play.

this is not a post about safe zones, it's a post about what this game is about.

Fighting for justice, or creating chaos.

A crafter can choose to fight for justice by crafting and trading with good players- or said crafter can choose to help create the chaos by crafting and trading with evil tribes.

Fighting melee/range is not the only way to fight in Xsyon.

Combat is my preferred method to fight the good fight, however with Xsyon having the complex city building mechanics that's where you will see me most of the time, forever building and expanding our city.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    it's not about that, a crafter doesn't have to fight for anything if that's how they choose to play.

this is not a post about safe zones, it's a post about what this game is about.

Fighting for justice, or creating chaos.

A crafter can choose to fight for justice by crafting and trading with good players- or said crafter can choose to help create the chaos by crafting and trading with evil tribes.

Fighting melee/range is not the only way to fight in Xsyon.
    You cannot 'fight' for justice by essentially being a merchant. That's just not being a problem. Face it. The game includes PvE and PvP, and if it's going to succeed it's going to have to pander to both markets. As we plan on being an evil tribe and killing everyone on site I appreciate that. Where else am I gonna find my fodder?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwanderer View Post
    You cannot 'fight' for justice by essentially being a merchant. That's just not being a problem. Face it. The game includes PvE and PvP, and if it's going to succeed it's going to have to pander to both markets. As we plan on being an evil tribe and killing everyone on site I appreciate that. Where else am I gonna find my fodder?
    I think you misunderstand me- I am a big pvp fan and believe in absolutely no safe zones, period.

My point is that the crafting crowd will play a big role for tribes like you and me- they will be there for your slaghtering enjoyment and you will also need crafters to get supplies to keep on fighting.

You will come to rely on the neutral trading players that will deal with evil tribes.

My pvp fun comes from fighting other combat oriented players, killing a crafter holding some valuable merchandise is just a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    I think you misunderstand me- I am a big pvp fan and believe in absolutely no safe zones, period.

My point is that the crafting crowd will play a big role for tribes like you and me- they will be there for your slaghtering enjoyment and you will also need crafters to get supplies to keep on fighting.

You will come to rely on the neutral trading players that will deal with evil tribes.

My pvp fun comes from fighting other combat oriented players, killing a crafter holding some valuable merchandise is just a plus.

Then I believe I did misunderstand. If the game really takes off and become long term though I don't think anyone will be heavily reliant on others for resources if they have enough members. Even as a PvPer you won't generally 100% of the time feel like hunting others... we sit around BSing in vent sometimes and can craft during downtime. Not to mention, eventually killing people and looting their gear just gets stockpiled and you can snag replacements from the baskets as needed.

Of course you can, just as some companies (IBM, for example) failed to fight for justice (or to uphold any shred of decency) by doing business with Nazi Germany. A merchant can choose to fight for justice by choosing who she will or will not do business with. The word Boycott comes from the name of an Irish land agent that local merchants refused to do business with after Irish tenants were evicted from their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Of course you can, just as some companies (IBM, for example) failed to fight for justice (or to uphold any shred of decency) by doing business with Nazi Germany. A merchant can choose to fight for justice by choosing who she will or will not do business with. The word Boycott comes from the name of an Irish land agent that local merchants refused to do business with after Irish tenants were evicted from their homes.
    We may have to agree to disagree on that. From my PvP MMO experience I don't usually expect to be doing business with another guild unless I'm stealing from them. Their unwillingness to 'allow' me to pay for something doesn't really enter into the picture of my expectations. They're either in my range and about to die/kill me or they're not much of a concern. It seems that with a fair sized guild (10-20) you should have plenty of people to craft what you need, and killing other people is a great way to not have to craft weapons/armor at all if you're good at it.

We may have to agree to disagree on that. From my PvP MMO experience I don't usually expect to be doing business with another guild unless I'm stealing from them. Their unwillingness to 'allow' me to pay for something doesn't really enter into the picture of my expectations. They're either in my range and about to die/kill me or they're not much of a concern. It seems that with a fair sized guild (10-20) you should have plenty of people to craft what you need, and killing other people is a great way to not have to craft weapons/armor at all if you're good at it.
    It's fine that you and I have different play styles. The fact that choosing to do business with some players while refusing to do business with others doesn't fit with your play style does not make it impossible for me to fit it into my play style, however.