Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Do you have a misconception about this game?

This is the very first thing in the very first paragraph of the home page.

War has destroyed life as we know it. The Apocalypse is at hand!
    Will you fight for justice to stop the chaos or will you join in the ranks of evil to bring upon the ultimate destruction of the earth?
    I'm not targeting one type of player here, both sides the pve/crafter side and the pvp/combat side only see what they want to see when they read the features list posted here: http://www.xsyon.com/features

and i keep seeing posts with people saying that xyson is all about pvp since it is ffa full loot. The feature page shows differently if look at the vast ammount of other features planned with a small section devoted toward PVP, if the game was pvp oriented then the features would be listed in a way to entice the pvp crowd but instead they are enticing the pve crowd.

wait now i get it, it is all part of the plan to lure us here as targets, damn demonic devs :P (j/k)

3. 02-24-2011, 04:54 PM

True at the home page the first line of the "lore" leaves a little misconception, but I read all features and MANY/MUCH of the forum before choosing to pre-order. So in the end my conception was not missed...

...not that conception...

I STILL fail to see how people think that either play-style has to be mutally exclusive within the game. There can be both meaningful pvp and safe-zone pve in one game. I don't even think it'd be that hard to balance, either. Hell, they can even go the Eve-online route and make some of the zones safe in general. Put crafting materials, animals, and dungeons (whatever) in that area, and then put other types of materials and animals and so on into other parts of the map that's designated as PvP.

People complain that it's "not realistic" but this game is about demons and gods and a magical apocalypse. I don't think the dev's care THAT much about realism.

All they have to do is make it balanced and make it fun. I honestly think most people don't care that much about lore in an MMO, unless the lore is emergent based on player actions.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    If you ask me both crowds see what they want to see in that feature list.
    Yep, and I saw lots of cool features. Even better, I also saw a long post from Jordi about open-PvP, looting, and no safe zones after Prelude.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Yep, and I saw lots of cool features. Even better, I also saw a long post from Jordi about open-PvP, looting, and no safe zones after Prelude.
    i don't think anyone is denying that about after prelude, the whole arguement has been for prelude not after.

holy crap this game has pvp I didnt see it in the feature list.

Uh... so could a pve/crafter explain to me how one 'fights for justice' without leaving a safe zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    Uh... so could a pve/crafter explain to me how one 'fights for justice' without leaving a safe zone?
    Guides do it for them.