Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Not acting tough..we are a pvp clan that cant stand carebare whiney children like you.

Exploiting game mechanics be it bugs or a lack of code/rule to inforce responsible play is cheating. That is what cheating is. Exploiting bugs, faults or loopholes for personal gain or pleasure.

has anyone tried to place a totem in a starter area now?

Obviously any game mechanic, where a player who pays $40, knows noone and logs in for the first time and is killed in the first 30 secs and loses his stuff, is a gamebreaker and will ruin this game and it's rep right away. It would be nice to have a healthy population of people joining this game and not just a cesspool of lowest common denominator "PKers" who like to decide their version of fun is ruining it for others.

Fine, have your little safe haven, you're dead anyways.

if natural selection wouldnt have been disabled we wouldnt have to deal with this thread.

what stops people from running away and trying to survive?
    are you just standing still and letting the meanie slaughter you?

wtf

Pure PvP chars will have 90 streng, 90 agility, 90 forditude. they're faster and stronger as an normal Craft char, its easy to hunt them.

Solution: How about a small timer of protection when you jump in for the first time. Something like 15m-30m enough for them to get oriented and moving. Maybe add some tips at the really long load time. IE "Run like hell" "Careful of who you trust." "W,A,S,D is movement" "Hold right mouse button to move camera or Q,E on keyboard" Stuff along those lines so newbies can hit the ground running and give them a starting chance.

Also while they are under protection they can't trade, store in baskets, ect. Your protection can't be dropped till the time runs out which would stop most people from remaking characters since they would have to wait awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by esudar View Post
    i

As Fiku said , characters made for hunting are faster than someone created for crafting .

Not only that , some people don't have " fast " computers and quite often end up with their character stood ingame , while other things are still loading , this could result in them getting control of a nearly dead character . [not had it happen to myself , but its a possibility ].

But all this is neither here nor there , the game owner and designer has specifically said that " Starter " points would and SHOULD have a safe zone on them . This was put there not just to stop pk griefing , but also the idiots that were placing totems and terraforming the area to block characters leaving the starter area .

These so called " Harcore PvPers "( such a laughable term , as they would all run a mile at perma death ) , need to realise why 99.9% of games out there are geared more for PvE with PvP being optional . It quite simple really , us " Carebears " generate WAY more subscription fees than PvPers do. One of the oldest games still running realised that quite early on ..... UO .

While plenty of people enjoy PvP ,myself included , they do not enjoy pk griefing , which is basically what is happening at the starter areas atm .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiku View Post
    Pure PvP chars will have 90 streng, 90 agility, 90 forditude. they're faster and stronger as an normal Craft char, its easy to hunt them.
    Forditude... Not everyone has it.

lmao, seriously though. complaining about being killed no matter the circumstance is lame. Complain about the bug. The part of the game that is not working, or is being exploited. It's the difference between being a good beta tester and being the whiny brat no one ever invited over.

Oh, PS: Stop with the "PvP brings in more subs!" or "PvE brings in more subs". If you don't have a healthy balance of both your games not gonna last.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    NO i have STOOD still after spawning and had a friend kill me and i remember lol on vent telling him he cant hurt me right as i fell over DEAD. spawns have NO buffer of safety as posted on the 16 of Feb Xsyon Updates! and with the game still not live/head-start what ever and asshats ganking newbs for tools; what do u do for that? reroll is all u can do. hopefully u dont need/want the recipes u have on that char and have to keep re-rolling to get another good set to start with.

and cheating is normaly defined as taking the short road or quick path. make ur own char and run the tools back and forth urself u lazy shit. not everyone has the fortitude of will to keep re-rolling till they get what they want on recipes AND not have someone take their tools from them.
    According to your definition, rerolling is cheating too.