Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Camping new player spawn points?

Lame.

This game has a hard enough learning curve as it is without being bludgeoned by some "Hardcore" PVPer whose interpretation of a sandbox game is attacking new characters as soon as they spawn in the world.

And no, I won't go back to WOW/EQ/WAR/[insert "carebear" game here].

Well.. at the moment the game allows you to do it it's not "cheating".

What it IS, however, is griefing. It's never cool to spawn kill people no matter what the reason. You just can't justify it. The more you justify it the less credibility you have. Killing in general is fair game, but spawn killing is a griefing attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    No, soulbound equipment is for themeparks not sandboxes, i would even suggest making preorder weapons lootable. Why is everyones soultion to issues to take what other game do and think it will fit here?

You have to understand, i dont know your a new player who just logged in....how the hell am i suppose to know that? Im not familair with every new player spawn point. All i see is a player standing there, then running around. I dont know that the player i just killed was new, and that i am in fact at a new player spawn point. Sure people will gief here since theres not a lot of people around for a combat character to progress on. give the noobs an hour of protection. Heaven forbid you went the sandbox route and camped a noob spawn yourself to protect them...that would be crazy...

Give them an hour of protection...mark them with a little white ball over their head, whatever, there is currently no way to distinguish who has just logged on for the first time and who is an afker full of loot.

And thanks for the insults, if doing something about the situation yourself is lacking in thought...i have the perfect game for you http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ enjoy.
    You know how to make a link, thats cute.

By the way, I like how your stance seems to have changed from 2nd to last post to that last one

Your a smart one, Mr. Grinch lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nemikal View Post
    Camping new player spawn points?

Lame.

This game has a hard enough learning curve as it is without being bludgeoned by some "Hardcore" PVPer whose interpretation of a sandbox game is attacking new characters as soon as they spawn in the world.

And no, I won't go back to WOW/EQ/WAR/[insert "carebear" game here].
    If its so lame, and you dislike it so much, then do something about it. Would you drop what you were doing to assist a new player who said in chat that a griefer was camping the spot? Probably not.... And thats assuming the newplayer has enough brains to alert the community.

There are no hardcore pvpers in the game, its just other new players who are ganking... they too go down in 3 shots just like the new player.

Some of you may not like being called cheaters for exploiting a problem. There have been a number of post here about this problem. It has been reported a number of times in game. The players know it's a problem and the "game guides" know it's a problem, yet it continues.

Face, my post subject got the attention of Xsyon, so that now the problem will be addressed.

Exploiting something that is not intended IS cheating. "Just because you can do a thing, doesn't mean you should".

Dont really see how this is griefing if they are gathering the tools that they need to make other stuff with. This how I plan to get all my tools that I cant make at the start of the game. killing everyone and all that I see and can anywhere that is possible. If it was a big deal the devs would fix it quick as possible to dry up all the tears we see on here.

what it comes down to

Really what it comes down to is slaughtering new players as they log on will kill the game, whether you think they are spoiled brats or no a lot of people if their first taste of a game is to be chained killed by some tool with an inferiority complex will just go off to another game, and while you may say this is a good thing it leads to a dead game sooner rather than later.

So go forth and kill rape and pillage away from the brand new folks, targeting them only kills the game and if your here reading this surely you can understand why that is a bad thing. Right or wrong does not come into it, what matters is if this continues the game will lose a lot of new people which will shorten the life of this game.

P.S. for the grammar police I am sorry for typos etc, I am at work and had to type this in quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    Some of you may not like being called cheaters for exploiting a problem. There have been a number of post here about this problem. It has been reported a number of times in game. The players know it's a problem and the "game guides" know it's a problem, yet it continues.

Face, my post subject got the attention of Xsyon, so that now the problem will be addressed.

Exploiting something that is not intended IS cheating. "Just because you can do a thing, doesn't mean you should".
    It's not cheating. It's an issue that's being dealt with. The mechanic works, it just needs to work better. It's not working as you think it should.

Also, temporary safezone is +1 for me. Calling this cheating -1.

give new players a permission locked SMALL basket to safely store items upon logging in and give them 30min-1hr of noob protection. Problem solved, everyones happy.

Yeah I think about an hour would work, just something so they can get their feet under them and not start out being put off the game within the first 5 minutes of play.