Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mims44 View Post
    ...you now have exactly 0% worth in the game world. No ones going to trade for nothing. and theres no way to find the tools other than another player corpse....
    nonono. You can trade for labor: "Get me 192 grass for the saw you want, naked dude." And you can, with enough effort, scav a jp for tools.

Quote Originally Posted by jwcolo View Post
    Yeah I think about an hour would work, just something so they can get their feet under them and not start out being put off the game within the first 5 minutes of play.
    also perhaps some form of over the head indicator that this player has just logged on for the first time and is under said protection. that way helpful players know who needs help and gankers know to look fo other easy targets.

Normally I must admit I am pretty much on the other end of every post I have seen you have fflhktsn but yeah it makes sense and am glad to see a pvper ( you) and a mainly crafter (me) can have a decent discussion with out regressing to what alot of these posts have done and basicly saying your wrong, no your wrong etc, The indicator maybe should only be for brand new account people not a person who is just making new toon 457 as by then you should have a better idea of what you need to do etc , but I guess thats a rough thing to balance.

My word, this has gotten quite blown out of proportion. I was the one who killed Vorg when he started moaning in global chat (and then apparently ended up here on the forums). I made a new character & loaded in. He was already standing there when my screen loaded, mulling about. I desired more tools & the opportunity was ripe. Taking his shit was certainly lower hanging fruit than re-rolling 5 times & more fun, to boot. He was there before I was, so this was not a case of somebody spawn camping anyone. I killed him once, took his gear, & was on my merry way. I got a new hammer & he got a valuable lesson about post-apocalyptic self-preservation. There was absolutely no cheating or griefing involved. The same thing happened to me when I first logged into this game last week. Did I bitch about it? No, I learned & adapted. It saddens me when games (ESPECIALLY sandbox games) must protect people from their own idiocy.

Luckily my PC is awesome enough that I don't get load killed. I load in someone was beating on me I swing back and they die, I looted there stuff and moved along. Don't here them writing home about that one...

When I logged in, I was trying to see if a friend of mine was also in as I thought he was also getting on. I was not there that long. I berly had time to get the wisper message off when I started getting hit. And to those who say run off, I tried, but I am not a pk'er and did not create a pker char. So even on sprint I could not get away. I then logged out and haven't been back in since. So if there was a char named Vorg in game, it wasn't me.

And this isn't the first time it has happend. I have been jumped a couple times on login and a friend was jumped shortly after login

How do you know he hadnt just logged in or wasnt still in the process of loading in.

As far as the attacking people at the spawn point. I dont care if they just loaded in or was standing there waiting for someone. The spawn area and should be 30 meters around it should be a safe area. I dont give a crap if its a sandbox game or not. What happened if it was someone that had just started the game and didnt even know how to move around? Or didnt know what the attack button was? Or any number of other things.

Just because there is the pvp option doesnt mean you should drive all the new people just starting the game off by killing them as the first thing the see of the game.

The good news is that its just a bug allowing people to pvp at the spawn point and that it IS being fixed and looked at.

I could give to shades of what you guys think should or shouldnt be allowed in a game that offers pvp as an option. But attacking people at the spawn point is cheap and really shows how low some people go. I have been attacked countless times at the spawn point WHILE I was still loading into the game. Lucky, I have a low enough ping and have been around long enough to know how to kill most of the pvpers that stoop to such a level. But to expect someone just starting the game to know how to go in and out of combat and to instantly know what is going on is just stupid and poor.

So I am glad its being fixed. As far as you guys going lean and adapt. Your the reasion real pvp has a bad name and reputation with it. Learn some real skill and dont go around killing noobs because thats all you can kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom316 View Post
    How do you know he hadnt just logged in or wasnt still in the process of loading in.

As far as the attacking people at the spawn point. I dont care if they just loaded in or was standing there waiting for someone. The spawn area and should be 30 meters around it should be a safe area. I dont give a crap if its a sandbox game or not. What happened if it was someone that had just started the game and didnt even know how to move around? Or didnt know what the attack button was? Or any number of other things.

Just because there is the pvp option doesnt mean you should drive all the new people just starting the game off by killing them as the first thing the see of the game.

The good news is that its just a bug allowing people to pvp at the spawn point and that it IS being fixed and looked at.

I could give to shades of what you guys think should or shouldnt be allowed in a game that offers pvp as an option. But attacking people at the spawn point is cheap and really shows how low some people go. I have been attacked countless times at the spawn point WHILE I was still loading into the game. Lucky, I have a low enough ping and have been around long enough to know how to kill most of the pvpers that stoop to such a level. But to expect someone just starting the game to know how to go in and out of combat and to instantly know what is going on is just stupid and poor.

So I am glad its being fixed. As far as you guys going lean and adapt. Your the reasion real pvp has a bad name and reputation with it. Learn some real skill and dont go around killing noobs because thats all you can kill.
    This!

I can't believe people who gank folks while they are logging in call themselves pvp'rs. Pvp'rs are out pvp'n, they are not busy ensuring that Xyson becomes another desolate open pvp mmo that noone plays due to the kiddies.

I suppose this is where the developers need to decide whether they are going to make a good sandbox MMO or just provide another FFA arena until the next show comes to town.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    My word, this has gotten quite blown out of proportion. I was the one who killed Vorg when he started moaning in global chat (and then apparently ended up here on the forums). I made a new character & loaded in. He was already standing there when my screen loaded, mulling about. I desired more tools & the opportunity was ripe. Taking his shit was certainly lower hanging fruit than re-rolling 5 times & more fun, to boot. He was there before I was, so this was not a case of somebody spawn camping anyone. I killed him once, took his gear, & was on my merry way. I got a new hammer & he got a valuable lesson about post-apocalyptic self-preservation. There was absolutely no cheating or griefing involved. The same thing happened to me when I first logged into this game last week. Did I bitch about it? No, I learned & adapted. It saddens me when games (ESPECIALLY sandbox games) must protect people from their own idiocy.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    The spawn areas need to be made safe zones or the players will be griefed seconds after they log in.

Pk'ing players as they spawn in is NOT playing the game, It is NOT testing for bugs, IT IS GRIEFING and such players should be banned for it. What's more pk'ing players as they spawn in to get tools and equipment is also cheating. Not everyone creates char's optimized to fast and fight making it impossible to get away.
    Stupid Care Bear