Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    This is horrible news for crafters then. So are you guys telling me everything in game atm is only craftable for "vanity" purposes? What is the point in that??
    The rest is coming soon...

There are no armour stats so you can run nekked if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    The difference between "There are no armour stats" and "There are no displayed armour stats" is subtle but fairly important

yes please do run naked. it will prove 2 things.

1. you odnt have a clue how the system for armor really works.
    2. you are too much of a carebear to ever risk losing anything you might have to another player.

running around naked and using unarmed is just pathetic. if every player did it, pvp would die.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyk View Post
    yes please do run naked. it will prove 2 things.

1. you odnt have a clue how the system for armor really works.
    2. you are too much of a carebear to ever risk losing anything you might have to another player.

running around naked and using unarmed is just pathetic. if every player did it, pvp would die.
    Yeah man I think that's why we are asking. No one seems to know. If there are indeed no stat/modifiers implemented at the moment (on crafted weapons and armor), everyone will be naked. Why else would you not be?

we ahven't got around to testing armor yet...pretty simple test.

Test 1. nekkid Test subject gets beaten to death. How many hits did it take?
    Test 2. grass wearing test subject gets beaten to death. how many hits?
    Test 3. Cloth...beat him to deahth, count the hits.
    test 4. leather...beat to death, count hits.

of course you'd need to do each test at least 3-5 times to make sure you have a decent sampling pool.

Hypothesis is that it takes more hits to kill someone as they wear better armor.

obviously if they all die in the same number of hits, houston, we have a problem.

...but again, haven't had time to actually run the tests.

I've sort of tested it armor. Didn't really see any difference. Also, a tribe member of mine runs around without gear and PKs "armored" people all of the time. I foresee lots of ungeared characters in Xsyon, unless something changes.

We need some visuals, since you all say they have stats, anyway. They also need to give noticeable advantages. If not, the crafting sector and overall economy metagame is in for a crappy surprise with regard to gameplay.

I think armor stats will work when weapon stats work...

Virtus said once that some armor will be resistant to piercing ect. Stuff like that.

So maybe simply because weapon stats don't work, armor doesn't differentiate between them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    This is horrible news for crafters then. So are you guys telling me everything in game atm is only craftable for "vanity" purposes? What is the point in that??
    Baskets, fishing poles, masonry, carpentry, and fortifications, and of course, tool crafting are still there, but yeah, hopefully as things progress from junk piles to who knows (blacksmithing, forging, mining, animal husbandry, farming) what we wear will also have more value.

Side note: I thought I read somewhere that armor made of grass helped you hide better?