Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets Talk Stats

Hiding is way too OP btw. And I am a PK. So if I tell you that, that's bad.
    lol

We had few guys take it to 70+ or so and they were completely invisible.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    lol

lol
    Not bad, good. I take hiding as one of my skills and suffer with scavanging being low at first because it's a way to avoid getting killed by you guys!

lol

lol
    nothing i hate more than being invisible in a wide open field. i like the temporary *poof* types of stealth, in order to line up an attack from behind, however that would require combat mechanics not in game.

I find that coloring myself "junk pile" color works just as well, doesnt drain my energy, and well, this games full of carebears that seem to /w insults rather than hiting C and fighting back..so these advantages are kind of moot atm... hell most people dont even bother running, they just stand ther and take it.

Weapons have stats. as have tools. they modify the energy use for sure and probaly also the damage. it depents on the quality of the items.
    unarmed is currently broken as said by virtus.

some things might not work yet but then not many of us have high quality gear thus the chance might not be so note able. its known now that tools (special weapons selections) use less energy. I would recommend someone to test a basic scrapers axe damage on someone and a special head start weapon axe on someone.

Unsure about armor, nobody had high skill made armor yet in resent times so cant test that really.

lol

lol
    I was hiding in stealth around camp for a while and I didn't see the skill improve. Does it only go up around animals/non tribe members?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    I was hiding in stealth around camp for a while and I didn't see the skill improve. Does it only go up around animals/non tribe members?
    I don't know for sure, but that sounds logical.

Didn't do extensive testing with different armors, but I tested damage with leather armor and saw a distinct difference in damage mitigation when I was wearing it, compared to when I was not. With these damn OP preorder weapons though you still die fast lol....

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I don't know for sure, but that sounds logical.
    Hiding goes up with the amount of times you have activated the skill. You do not need to move to level it up. Just mash the hide button for a couple hours. It takes about 10-15minutes of mashing hide consistently to get a skill point. Have gone from 5 to 55 in a couple of days without the need to move except for water and food.

Wow. Way to hijack a thread guys. Everyone here has spoken about everything but the topic of the thread. Mods?

As for OP...
    Check the game manual, it details the use of each character stat. An example is, if you start with higher dexterity and Basketry, you will get more Basketry recipes at the start, and learn new recipes faster. If you have very low Dex and Basketry, you will start with less recipes, and you will learn new recipes much slower.

Experimenting is always best, of course, in my experience, you really need to make one stat suffer to have good stats in everything else.

Hiding is also currently negated if you turn shadows on high/advanced.