Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk Stats

Lets Talk Stats

from my somewhat limited testing so far the only stats worth a damn at the moment are agi and fort, both show dramatic changes in the way your character is able to preform physically.

I have tried maxing out int perc and dex and saw absolutely no difference in my characters ability to scavenge fish or forage over someone with 40-50 in the same stats. i have not tested with actually crafting anything yet so i will try to test that a bit but at the moment you would be a fool to not max out agi and fort in the games current state.

Agi and fort are going to let you runn faster and longer than people who dont have those skills max, and the difference is massive. i encourage people to test stats and find results and share so we can get a better understanding on the characters we make.

I had been for a long time, but I wouldn't overlook charm in your testing.

Please let us know how the crafting part of your testing goes!

I'm really interested in the stats on things in game.
    I hope when release comes out we get some more info on what weapons / armour stats are

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I'm really interested in the stats on things in game.
    I hope when release comes out we get some more info on what weapons / armour stats are
    Most likely you'll have to figure out armour and weapon stats by yourself. Item stats are not displayed on purpose, not because they "just haven't been added yet".

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Armor

Xsyon is not a gear based game. A wide range of armor parts are available and the player selects armor based on play style and appearance more than how stats are affected.

Part based armor system. All parts can be crafted and customized.
    Layered armor system for many possible combinations.
    Armor bulk and material affects player comfort, speed and actions.
    Variable armor quality and durability for the same armor type.
    Armor parts can be enhanced based on materials used.
    Weapon types versus armor types.
    Colored materials can be used to create thousands of different looks.

Makes sense though.

so back on topic any one have any decent testing done with player stats noticed any reliable difference when creating characters to test stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    Armor

Xsyon is not a gear based game. A wide range of armor parts are available and the player selects armor based on play style and appearance more than how stats are affected.

Part based armor system. All parts can be crafted and customized.
    Layered armor system for many possible combinations.
    Armor bulk and material affects player comfort, speed and actions.
    Variable armor quality and durability for the same armor type.
    Armor parts can be enhanced based on materials used.
    Weapon types versus armor types.
    Colored materials can be used to create thousands of different looks.

Makes sense though.
    It's "not a gear-based game", yet the list of features for armour is extensive.

So, does that mean that armour will have very little effect on any of the things in that list ?

Will average cloth armour be 5% less mitigation than top-of-the-line bone and leather armour ? Or 10% ? Or 30% ?

If armour has a minor effect on the outcome of a fight, then crafting complex armour will be a waste of time. It will just be a vanity item.

But if armour has a significant effect on the outcome of a fight, doesn't that begin to lean toward a "gear-based" game ?

The OP is about STATS not Armour

I seem to have problems getting new recipes with 30 Perception and 90 Int BUT I scavenge far better.

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    It's "not a gear-based game", yet the list of features for armour is extensive.

So, does that mean that armour will have very little effect on any of the things in that list ?

Will average cloth armour be 5% less mitigation than top-of-the-line bone and leather armour ? Or 10% ? Or 30% ?

If armour has a minor effect on the outcome of a fight, then crafting complex armour will be a waste of time. It will just be a vanity item.

But if armour has a significant effect on the outcome of a fight, doesn't that begin to lean toward a "gear-based" game ?
    This is horrible news for crafters then. So are you guys telling me everything in game atm is only craftable for "vanity" purposes? What is the point in that??