Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re:Penalties for being 'evil'/red

treyu wrote:
    Virtus wrote:
    The flag system will be name tags.

Good and neutral players you will have to meet before a name tag appears over their head, good players will have green ones.

Evil, on the other hand, their name tags will always be displayed to everyone and in red.

This is a very bad design in my opinion. If evil players have their names floating so that everybody can see them, you take out ALL the skill in hiding that a pvp game should have. So now, if I am red, I CAN'T hide behind rocks or trees, because my name will be floating on top of me and people will say: you idiot, i know you are behind that tree i can see your name. Totally silly in my opinion, you take out all the sneaking skill from players that want to be evil. Note that I won't be evil, but I won't like to see evil players name, it takes out SO much inmersion.
    Darkfall did this right. They have the name tags but you can't see the name tag unless your crosshairs are over them. This allowed hiding while still being able to determine alignment.

Virtus wrote:

Good and neutral players you will have to meet before a name tag appears over their head, good players will have green ones.

Evil, on the other hand, their name tags will always be displayed to everyone and in red.
    Horrible, horrible mechanic.

"Hey, why does that bush over there have a name?"

Tangerine's way is the best way.

Eonwe wrote:
    Tangerine's way is the best way.
    Much agree'd. Mix crosshair hover and a reasonable distance and possibly even a small amount of time that you need to have the mouse over them (To stop people just scanning bushes like they're using a scanner from star trek).

I have to say I don't like the idea of Reds having an always showing name tag.
    I like the good/neutral idea though.

TangerineSky wrote:
    treyu wrote:
    Virtus wrote:

This is a very bad design in my opinion. If evil players have their names floating so that everybody can see them, you take out ALL the skill in hiding that a pvp game should have. So now, if I am red, I CAN'T hide behind rocks or trees, because my name will be floating on top of me and people will say: you idiot, i know you are behind that tree i can see your name. Totally silly in my opinion, you take out all the sneaking skill from players that want to be evil. Note that I won't be evil, but I won't like to see evil players name, it takes out SO much inmersion.
    Darkfall did this right. They have the name tags but you can't see the name tag unless your crosshairs are over them. This allowed hiding while still being able to determine alignment.
    This could be the case also. I'm sure if it is't and the community would prefer it to be Jooky would act like number 1 and make it so.

To be red is like a religion son.Let me explain this properly and how it is good to be done.To be the real deal the hated/loved god that own all and all knell before it is the best reward.To be feared is not to bad and being red will grant you 800 young females next to respawn spot.Another great thing is that you may get some stat penalties if you get killed and some tribes/city's will not want to talk/trade/give you quests ,and this will be great for you and the game being harder will make you more stronger than others and you will be even more stronger in your continues battles.To finish this ,you have all the reasons to be red and you need to be happy ,just like me.

Xsyon Citizen

I love the good/neutral idea, so I suppose if its that way for them, its possibly to make it so for reds mechanically.

The bi polar carebear in me goes 'yay,' but the common sense part of me goes, 'wtf?' when it comes to reds. At the end of the day I guess the blue/grey/neutral thing supplements your character's knowledge of a person's reputation versus the guy sitting behind the screen. More of a game mechanic vs. realism kind of sacrifice.

In Haven and Hearth you had to right click and memorize a person before they were added to you friend's list or there name would even show up in chat or when you moused over them. That would provide a 'delay' in determining alignment. Of course by then if they're still charging at you with an ax or jump out of the bush at you you've probably figured it out.

Virtus wrote:

So red players wont be able to hide in bushes?

Palo god wrote:
    Virtus wrote:

*points up to his previous post*

Virtus wrote:
    Palo god wrote:
    Virtus wrote:

*points up to his previous post*
    I can't be damned to read every post.