Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re:Penalties for being 'evil'/red

Brando, you gave me a good idea, I think.

Make being red based on reputation, but only allow word to spread if someone witnesses you acting as a red - and lives... Require witnessing to take some sort of action, and require them to be within a certain range.

Unskilled red characters would pile up penalties.

Clever reds who leave few if any witnesses would only very slowly build penalties.

Do not allow people who are killed to be able to report you - they just do not remember well enough to convince anyone, though they can certainly know as a player...

How to penalize for being red?

Force logout and do not allow to log back in. The redder you are, the longer you have to wait before playing again.

Players would report to either NPC's, or perhaps to Mayors or even a bulletin board type item. (Xyson's Most Wanted, heh)

Farmerbob wrote:

Make being red based on reputation, but only allow word to spread if someone witnesses you acting as a red - and lives... Require witnessing to take some sort of action, and require them to be within a certain range.

Clever reds who leave few if any witnesses would only very slowly build penalties.

Do not allow people who are killed to be able to report you - they just do not remember well enough to convince anyone, though they can certainly know as a player...

Force logout and do not allow to log back in. The redder you are, the longer you have to wait before playing again.

Players would report to either NPC's, or perhaps to Mayors or even a bulletin board type item. (Xyson's Most Wanted, heh)
    There could be a whole skill set based on sleuthing. Find the culprit and the spirits rest in peace after due karma has been brought to the surface.

Hrm, sleuthing, will there be tracking in the game? With a high enough skill, might someone be able to identify the player who left prints? Would a good tracker be able to hide their own prints or make it more difficult for others to identify them? I can see a few interesting possibilities if so.

Farmerbob wrote:

That would never, ever fly.

The only fair thing would be for a red to be able to hold you hostage. The time he holds you hostage is the time you are not allowed to login after your next sign-in attempt.

:huh:

I think he was joking...

Question, I;m still not sure about this...

Is everyone open PK, if I'm evil, can I kill anyone, and if I'm neutral/good can I kill all evil people?

I think there will be quite a few "good" gank squads running around killing everyone who is evil.

Teotwauki wrote:
    I think he was joking...

Question, I;m still not sure about this...

Is everyone open PK, if I'm evil, can I kill anyone, and if I'm neutral/good can I kill all evil people?

I think there will be quite a few "good" gank squads running around killing everyone who is evil.

You will be my first victim that i will abuse

warzenkai wrote:
    You will be my first victim that i will abuse
    You'd better be able to look after yourself in game, as you're rapidly climbing to the top of people's kill lists. Even mine.

alrighty so...when a evil person is hidden, so is the name tag, just confirmed

Well that's nice to know - not a lot of point hiding if you have a big "he's here" sign hovering above your head. :cheer:

Virtus wrote:
    alrighty so...when a evil person is hidden, so is the name tag, just confirmed
    Er, what if a non evil person is hidden? We get the neon arrow of death above us?