Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trade Relations / Trading Outposts

Who is going for either?

Deathwatch would love to establish some trade relations with tribes with similar goals.

Contact me Ingame: Archangei or even drop a message here for others to see as well

Its is Forsaken's intention in the long run to establish trading outposts (as soon as the game mechanics permits vendors); We would be please to be a part of any Xsyon trade federation should one arise.

Camping trading outposts anyone?

I look forward to the merc hirings needed for outposts to remain stable.

[QUOTE=Archangei;50632]Who is going for either?

Deathwatch would love to establish some trade relations with tribes with similar goals.

Contact me Ingame: Archangei or even drop a message here for others to see as well[/QUOTE]I'm just curious, thus please don't see this as a negative comment.

How do you intend to offer mercenary services and keep up trading relations at the same time? Out of the top of my head, I can't think of a single example in human history where mercenaries had a significant role in trade. I believe it's either one or the other.

I can't see how you can establish a reputation as honest trader while you're also advertising your tribe as hired guns. Wouldn't every trader be in doubt whether you intend to trade with him or whether you intend to murder him on the way to your tribe?

Interesting twist ... your manpower would also be spread very thin protecting your own outpost, as well as mercing out.

[QUOTE=Redemp;51500]Interesting twist ... your manpower would also be spread very thin protecting your own outpost, as well as mercing out.[/QUOTE]

this game is going to be based largly on local warfare and politics.

I hate politics .. but love drama, are the two mutually exclusive? =D

[QUOTE=Larsa;51483]I'm just curious, thus please don't see this as a negative comment.

How do you intend to offer mercenary services and keep up trading relations at the same time? Out of the top of my head, I can't think of a single example in human history where mercenaries had a significant role in trade. I believe it's either one or the other.

I can't see how you can establish a reputation as honest trader while you're also advertising your tribe as hired guns. Wouldn't every trader be in doubt whether you intend to trade with him or whether you intend to murder him on the way to your tribe?[/QUOTE]

The way i see it trade agreements will be more or less like an alliance, if i attack or they attack me the trade agreement will be broken so in its effect the trade agreement acts like a NAP at the same time.

And as long as the Trade Outpost works like neutral ground (no matter how much i hate you) i can see it working.
    Trade comes down to trust, Mercenary work comes down to money protecting traders, or whatever they could be needing.
    But in the end it comes down to me us to accept the contract

Edit:: I want to give it a try, if it doesnt work we'll probably drop Mercenary work.

I hope it works out well for you folks.