Isn't a wipe a clean slate?...

.....I'm pretty sure you are going to say yes. Then answer me this..... 10 times out of 10 after a wipe I lose my character, homestead and items..

Why, yes scambammer that is how a wipe works you say.........well then why is that 9 times out of 10 after a wipe the ui seems to 'remember' my hotkey bindings as per the way I had it setup before the server was wiped?

eg...before wipe I had 'forage' binded to the 6 key, I log on after wipe and expect to have to rebind my keys only to find that they are still bound from before....it seems to be related to my toon's handle as well...I think

?????

*confused face*

Because local settings aren't stored on the server but on your local computer.

game settings and Ui settings for most MMO's are stored locally on yoru system as INI,CFG or xml files so they are never wiped unless you uninstall and reinstall the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    Because local settings aren't stored on the server but on your local computer.
    ^^^ This, QFE

.....correct me if I'm wrong though but if said toon, let's call him Scamthenoob to make things easy, no longer exists....

shouldn't the info saved on my pc also know that Scamthenoob doesn't exist and therefore be blank upon the wipe?.......
    *noob cough*.....

Why no update-y my side huh?

Quote Originally Posted by scambammer View Post
    .....correct me if I'm wrong though but if said toon, let's call him Scamthenoob to make things easy, no longer exists....

shouldn't the info saved on my pc also know that Scamthenoob doesn't exist and therefore be blank upon the wipe?.......
    *noob cough*.....

Why no update-y my side huh?
    this all depends on how the game is coded, some mmo's let you have different game/ui settings for different characters and other such as xsyon seem to be globally not per character.

Yes, after a wipe the only thing left is the Hopi tribe totem.

Quote Originally Posted by r4NGe View Post
    Yes, after a wipe the only thing left is the Hopi tribe totem.
    Yup, unless your a favord tribe you lose it all.