Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

State of the Game.

Haven't got on since it was restarted.
    And not off work for another 6-8 hours. Just wondering if things seem to be going smoothly in game right now?
    Still random rollback? crashes? massive lag?

Quote Originally Posted by Mims44 View Post
    And not off work for another 6-8 hours. Just wondering if things seem to be going smoothly in game right now?
    I just hope we are all able to play this evening or at least tomorrow without any lag or server crashes. I neeeeddddd to playyyyyyy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mims44 View Post
    The devs seem to be testing. I was in-game for a bit but the server gets shut down and started again frequently, perhaps every 5 minutes or so. I assume these are intended tests and not random crashes. No lag for me, but I think it's safe to assume that few people are online.

Hopefully when I get back from work later tonight, the new server will be up and everyone is fine and dandy. Oh, let it be!

I am pretty sure the last thing Jooky and team want is a repeat of the last 'pre-launch'. And I am sure most of us would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    There is no point in playing until after the final wipe....which probably won't be until well after the initial launch date of March 1st.
    I agree.

At least we are not losing people to Rift. I was really worried about that. Xsyon forum activity has actually picked up since Rift launched yesterday! haha

Hah, true. With little direct competition, I bet it'll be a long while before we fear players leaving for other games. And even then that sandbox would have to have that magic quality which Xsyon seems to have, hard to explain what it is, but it's just there. Maybe a combination of the community, dev ambition and uniqueness of the game, yeah, probably all of that.

I read people are sitting in 4-8 hour queues to play Rift.

MAN

That puts our situation here to SHAME.
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    Hah, true. With little direct competition, I bet it'll be a long while before we fear players leaving for other games. And even then that sandbox would have to have that magic quality which Xsyon seems to have, hard to explain what it is, but it's just there. Maybe a combination of the community, dev ambition and uniqueness of the game, yeah, probably all of that.
    yes, this is why I am here. Rift, no matter how shiny it seems, cannot hold a candle to this type of mmo. This is mmorpg in its most natural form, based on community, freedom, openness, etc. Xsyon and Rift will not directly compete, they are too different.

That's not to say I don't play Rift. I'd just rather it be the other way around, with Xsyon being complete and polished, and Rift struggling to get there.