Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Furyk View Post
    the shit you buy at the store doesnt have stats on it. spend some time testing things. too many of you people want everything handed to you.
    Dude really? Sure it does. It at least has packaging and a description.

You just don't buy it, take it out of a brown bag and start using it blindly.
    lol

That's a horrid comparison....

Really? The last T-shirt you bought what were it's stats other than size, company making it, and washing instructions? The last set of silverware you purchased, what were the stats other than style, what sort of metal they were comprised of and company making them?

T shirts and silverware? rofl

Try something a little more complex and more relevant....like a weapon at a gun show.....that's a better comparison.
    lol

OH...you mean you just want to compare the stuff you want to compare? I thought t shirts and silverware were somewhat apt seeing as in game we are making clothes and tools. derp

well the biggest difference between armor sets that has been noticed is weight which will affect ur stamina... for example bone armor is heavyer then grass... question still remains is it better ^^ maybe we should have armor and weapon stat skill the more you were it the stronger the armor hey but thats just a thought...

I wouldnt like this game to be gear based like wow is since that would make lot of people bored...

But I do agree we need something to see difference between sets or no stats at all and just have them for looks purposes but then it defeats purpose of crafting one... So eh leave it to devs to sort out

Quote Originally Posted by djext2000 View Post
    OH...you mean you just want to compare the stuff you want to compare? I thought t shirts and silverware were somewhat apt seeing as in game we are making clothes and tools. derp
    No dude we are talking about basic stats and differences between crafted weapons and armor. Horrible fail at trolling.

Hey im all for unknown stats on gear and equipment, makes the game that much more interesting. You can assume what is good and what isnt base on the buggy mouseover that tells you if it worn or pristine, and if its quality is poor or superior. That is enough. We dont need people knowingly maxing out stuff.

I know that knife i buy in RL is made from a high carbon steel, its of supoerior quality, i can see its new and pristine, i can then "play with it" if you will....yup balanced, good grip, i like it. Will i know what damage it does in literal terms untill i try it on whater i plan on stabbing? Nope. This is a wonder part of the game imo. Learning is fun.....

Quote Originally Posted by Furyk View Post
    the shit you buy at the store doesnt have stats on it. spend some time testing things. too many of you people want everything handed to you.
    Thats the dumbest comparison I've ever seen. Everything you buy has "stats" on them, from how to wash/handle to calories and composition or where it's made.

Why should everyone guess the stats on the grass armor you just crafted or the tools you just crafted if everything we create is unique and different? Stats would help the trade economy and crafters who specialize and work their asses off to have high skills. The higher their skills the higher the stats and with tangible evidence of those stats you can start building a demand for what you make. Why would I care to trade with another tribe/crafter if I have no real evidence that the weapons they make with their 75 crafting skill are better than the weapons I make with 35 skill.

The ability to identify concrete stats doesn't make the game less hardcore, that all depends on the crafting and item system.

That should introduce armor on craftmanship so the better the tools thebetter the armor but dont show stats just base it on quality just another thought

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Learning is fun.....
    you learn to know, I want to know!

The value will be much more if you are crafting things of high value- how do we know that something that says prestine quality is the exact same stats as something else that says prestine quality.