Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    Mystais,

I'm sure that's part of what Prelude is. But the features list and developer statements make clear that it's also a 'Prelude' to some significant - perhaps even fundamental - changes in the mechanics of how the 'world' work. It's not just a 'prelude' to a world where the infrastructure has been established.
    I agree. I never meant to say that my thoughts on the Prelude were to be taken as the only purpose for Prelude but I do honestly feel it is a sizable portion of that purpose.

2. 02-25-2011, 09:45 AM

FFA PvP means non consensual PVP. its a free for all in the world.

No arena pvp here (which is consensual and fair)

Adapt or struggle...simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    FFA PvP means non consensual PVP. its a free for all in the world.

No arena pvp here (which is consensual and fair)

Adapt or struggle...simple as that
    Don't think that just because someone is against griefing that they are against good ol' pvp. I'll spend all weekend hunting a griefer but I'll just leave the crafters alone. There are lions... then there are skulking opportunistic jackals. We need more lions and less jackals.

5. 02-25-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    Don't think that just because someone is against griefing that they are against good ol' pvp. I'll spend all weekend hunting a griefer but I'll just leave the crafters alone. There are lions... then there are skulking opportunistic jackals. We need more lions and less jackals.
    i was planning on being a crafter but after the past few days i think i'm gonna roll combat now and do as you describe and go after the guys camping spawn points especially at the beginning and once all then adolescents are gone the reroll a crafter. It won't hurt me to be late in the crafting game was planning to be a sort of hermit anyways moving from location to location every once in awhile.

lol... on 13 when I first started this game. I saw a dude after a few weeks at a trash pile I've had alone for days. I had my weapons out ready to attack, but I started with "Hey dude, what's up!?". No bloodshed, but we became friends. Primarily because being solo is going to be difficult.

This community is much more friendly than the usual crowd...which is more realistic imo. In the real world you aren't going to kill someone unless you have a reason to.

But take that with a grain of salt because losing the element of surprise as I did is grounds for putting you into a fair fight and not necessarily a sure survival. I'm not afraid to take those odds, but if you're really connected to your pixels you might just have to KoS. It's more realistic to do anything to survive than to play fair in real life permadeath mode.

If you are getting griefed you are doing something wrong.

Ok i get protecting people when the log in.... how long would it take someone to get situated upon logging in...15min...1hr....give em noob protection for 1hr then. Give them a chance to learn how to walk, and set a totem...whatever

Beyond that, theres no static and campable respawns. You have a very generous ghost form in which you can sprint the eintire time with no energy penalty, unseen.
    You also have a chat, that can be used while dead...you do have friends that can assist you right?

You can learn to either come back with more people, learn to find a new spot, bribe the attacker, or you can tear up and run to a GM for assistance like a bitch.

In this game it would be VERY hard to actually grief someone who was taking measures to avoid it...very difficult. Most of the griefing accusations ive seen come from people that say "you cant make me do anything" and "you dont own this spot" in which i reply..."yes, i am in fact making you leave" and "untill otherwise proven i DO own this spot"

However they refuse to adapt and go straight for the GM, rather than ask the community or take a diffrent route to obtaining what they want..

Griefing has never been an issue in game...ever. There are a very few amount of combat evil players (since going combat forces you to be evil to progress which is a flaw in the game design) So you logged in and lost your tools....learn from it, or just keep rerolling and spawning in the same spot that you know for a fact that a ganker is, and dont bother to inform anyone about it so they can continue....people...i swear...wow has rotted their brains....

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    If you are getting griefed you are doing something wrong.

Ok i get protecting people when the log in.... how long would it take someone to get situated upon logging in...15min...1hr....give em noob protection for 1hr then. Give them a chance to learn how to walk, and set a totem...whatever

Beyond that, theres no static and campable respawns. You have a very generous ghost form in which you can sprint the eintire time with no energy penalty, unseen.
    You also have a chat, that can be used while dead...you do have friends that can assist you right?

You can learn to either come back with more people, learn to find a new spot, bribe the attacker, or you can tear up and run to a GM for assistance like a bitch.

In this game it would be VERY hard to actually grief someone who was taking measures to avoid it...very difficult. Most of the griefing accusations ive seen come from people that say "you cant make me do anything" and "you dont own this spot" in which i reply..."yes, i am in fact making you leave" and "untill otherwise proven i DO own this spot"

However they refuse to adapt and go straight for the GM, rather than ask the community or take a diffrent route to obtaining what they want..

Griefing has never been an issue in game...ever. There are a very few amount of combat evil players (since going combat forces you to be evil to progress which is a flaw in the game design) So you logged in and lost your tools....learn from it, or just keep rerolling and spawning in the same spot that you know for a fact that a ganker is, and dont bother to inform anyone about it so they can continue....people...i swear...wow has rotted their brains....
    I agree with everything you've said with one exception to "In this game it would be VERY hard to actually grief someone who was taking measures to avoid it"... it is hard to avoid it when you are logging into the game with a new character and you appear in game, and can be attacked, seconds before you can actually see and move.

But this will probably not be much of an issue after the initial surge once the servers come up for good... "Go time".

Fellow Sber here....and I couldnt agree more with your post.

Read it...
    Learn it...
    Love it...
    Live it...

I would add #23 You never know what someone is carrying ( regardless of level ) until you kill them and look in their pack.

I agree with everything you've said with one exception to "In this game it would be VERY hard to actually grief someone who was taking measures to avoid it"... it is hard to avoid it when you are logging into the game with a new character and you appear in game, and can be attacked, seconds before you can actually see and move.

But this will probably not be much of an issue after the initial surge once the servers come up for good... "Go time".
    If you didn't drop starter equipment then that wouldn't be a problem. or the timed newb safe thing someone brought up.

My view is: someone who goes around killing everyone just for the hell of it is no different than someone who actually goes around killing people, in real life. Serial killers and whatever.. Mental issues. Serious ones. Get yourself checked by a shrink man.