Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This post was well received by the MO community especially those who were there in the blocks and beta. The game suffered from a lack of depth, crafting was repetitive and exploits abounded. The duping exploits killed the economy and it never recovered. Few players are left from the early beta days. Most large beta guilds are gone. Every patch after release broke some important part of the game. Every one mentions "potential" when they talk about MO - I have doubts it will ever be realized. Xsyon needs to do it right and build the economy first and not worry about combat and PVP mechanics only. PVE, economy, cities and limted PVP in Prelude for the next 6-12 months. Then it will be time to review where to go on the next expansion of Xyson.

Thaeric has a lot of valid points. MO's major problem is that it started out in the wrong end - instead of laying the foundations of a working sandbox world, SV focused on an ultra-advanced combat system that never seems to work as intended and requires constant fixing and tweaking. Thus the game quickly turned into a "PvP game", where not even those enjoying PvP 24/7 are having fun since the combat is so problem-ridden and, in the end, devoid of purpose.

Everyone who wanted a sandbox rather than a buggy deathmatch game with grind, seems to have left the game - except for some die-hard fans that keep hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    So this guy, like so many here, is quite upset that he joined a game featuring full loot ffa pvp and it turns out people want to pvp?

Go ahead, make a pure pve sandbox. Its not us, the pvp'ers fault that a game touted full loot ffa pvp and thats what attracted us. I can live with the pve crowd, so long as their requests for protection and nullification of my game play choice doesnt contradict what a sandbox is suppose to be about....player driven rules,economies, and relations.

Seems the pve crowd always wants to add game systems, rather than in game tools, to thwart peoples choice of play...other than the pve route. thats my only issues with all of this here and on the forums in general.
    ..it's pretty obvious you didn't read the OP. Almost everything in that post is about adding things to make Crafting both more complex/difficult and more rewarding for those who get really good at it - something I thought you'd get behind, as you've been complaining about the lack of challenge for crafters in your own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishima View Post
    Thaeric has a lot of valid points. MO's major problem is that it started out in the wrong end - instead of laying the foundations of a working sandbox world, SV focused on an ultra-advanced combat system that never seem to work as intended and require constant fixing and tweaking. Thus the game quickly turned into a "PvP game", where not even those enjoying PvP 24/7 are having fun since the combat is so problem-ridden and, in the end, devoid of purpose.

Everyone who wanted a sandbox rather than a buggy deathmatch game with grind, seems to have left the game - except for some die-hard fans that keep hoping.
    Darkfall went the same route. If all you focus on is combat and pvp alone its all your going to get.

fflhtsn - you obvious do not know Thaeric. He and his guild loved to PVP and they were good. His complaint is that without anything to do but PVP - the game becomes boring and meaningless. He wanted a rich sand filled game where all aspects of a sandbox were available. MO spent all of it time on a complex combat system and totally neglected everything else. When something new was added it was always only partially implemented and often broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Toughluck View Post
    fflhtsn - you obvious do not know Thaeric. He and his guild loved to PVP and they were good. His complaint is that without anything to do but PVP - the game becomes boring and meaningless. He wanted a rich sand filled game where all aspects of a sandbox were available. MO spent all of it time on a complex combat system and totally neglected everything else. When something new was added it was always only partially implemented and often broken.
    nope i dont know him, and honestly i dont really care about a goodby post for another game.

i agree with his points, however i didnt see MO's combat as anything more than what xsyon has currently, however its been a while since i tried that game.

no one on this forum, me included is begging the developers to scrap pve in favor of pvp, infact its quite the opposite. however im 100% aganist any notion of implimenting sytems in this game that punishes people for pvping and give others the option to avoid it. there should be a balance and a need for combat characters, as well as pvp, however this game has potential only in the fact that its currently filling its sandbox up with sand, rather than giving its players only tools to beat eachother with.

all they need to do is give us players the tools needed in which to regulate our own game, and stand back and let us play. like a sandbox should be

Thaeric was the leader of Forsaken until he had to leave the game for a few months because of injuries and RL problems. He was the best leader that I have ever seen in any game and he has inspired many people in MO. He didn't "Make a QQ post and leave to another game", he made that post about the concerns he had for the game and did not like the direction it was going so he quit the game for now. If some of the issues he addressed in game he said that he would come back. Thaeric was my leader and his views are what I aspire towards now, even in Xsyon. He may even come to Xsyon if he is interested and he will always have a spot in Forsaken whatever game we chose to play.

however im 100% aganist any notion of implimenting sytems in this game that punishes people for pvping and give others the option to avoid it.
    If you want to live in the civilization, expect it to provide security to it's citizens.. if you want to be a psychotic sociopath, go wander in the woods outside of civilization like you are supposed to do Or go get yourself checked into the nearest institution to work on those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    Thaeric was the leader of Forsaken until he had to leave the game for a few months because of injuries and RL problems. He was the best leader that I have ever seen in any game and he has inspired many people in MO. He didn't "Make a QQ post and leave to another game", he made that post about the concerns he had for the game and did not like the direction it was going so he quit the game for now. If some of the issues he addressed in game he said that he would come back. Thaeric was my leader and his views are what I aspire towards now, even in Xsyon. He may even come to Xsyon if he is interested and he will always have a spot in Forsaken whatever game we chose to play.
    They are already here... one of our main members joined them recently as he was from the clan on MO.

nope i dont know him, and honestly i dont really care about a goodby post for another game.

i agree with his points, however i didnt see MO's combat as anything more than what xsyon has currently, however its been a while since i tried that game.

no one on this forum, me included is begging the developers to scrap pve in favor of pvp, infact its quite the opposite. however im 100% aganist any notion of implimenting sytems in this game that punishes people for pvping and give others the option to avoid it. there should be a balance and a need for combat characters, as well as pvp, however this game has potential only in the fact that its currently filling its sandbox up with sand, rather than giving its players only tools to beat eachother with.

all they need to do is give us players the tools needed in which to regulate our own game, and stand back and let us play. like a sandbox should be
    I never thought I would agree with you.

You have to understad that we don't want to nerf PvP with penalties. Once war system is in game there will be no consequences in killing your enemy. What penalties are meant to do is to limit PK'ing and griefing(camping spawn locations, etc.). They are there to make crafters want to go out outside of safe zone, becouse they know not everyone is trying to kill them.

Wouldn't you like crafters that have stats set to boost their crafting skills rather than to help them run away from Pk'ers? If you let open PvP be unrestricted probably most of the PvE crowd will leave the game and Xsyon might become next MO and I think none of us want that.