Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bleh... I would never compare this to MO I played MO since release and MO is in bad shape compared to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    Bleh... I would never compare this to MO I played MO since release and MO is in bad shape compared to this game.
    Its literally about the same as MO. Not sure how this game was back in April when they game it their first go, but i gotta assume that MO and Xsyon are similair in more than one way here.

However, im pretty sure MO has more time under its belt, so its not exactly all equal here. But yes i find many, many similairites with MO here, not in a bad way either. However MO has stuck to its guns on the sandbox aspect, where Xsyon seems to be in a wishy washy state at the moment, we dont know how the pve crowd will be caterd to and we dont know what game systems will be implimented to force players into what choices are viable in terms of play style yet.

Just please dont EVER add penises into this game...please...

MO had a fantastic design document, it described a real living, breathing world where all playstyles would have a purpose and niche.

But SV decided to initially implement only the combat parts (and only the basics of those) along with the crafting system. The rest "would come later"...

When the game launched, everyone enthusiastically explored a fought. Many FOTM combat templates were created and destroyed by "combat tuning", tweaks and outright nerfs. All the dev team's efforts went into fixing the many game bugs and combat issues.

The things that were promised "for later" were rescheduled to "even later". Perhaps they will be implimented at some future point, but nobody knows if MO will survive financially until that golden day.

Evidently, the majority of the people I saw around at launch have left the game out of either dissappointment or boredom, or both.

certainly is a nice, thoughtful and constructive post from the MO fella though

So this guy, like so many here, is quite upset that he joined a game featuring full loot ffa pvp and it turns out people want to pvp?

Go ahead, make a pure pve sandbox. Its not us, the pvp'ers fault that a game touted full loot ffa pvp and thats what attracted us. I can live with the pve crowd, so long as their requests for protection and nullification of my game play choice doesnt contradict what a sandbox is suppose to be about....player driven rules,economies, and relations.

Seems the pve crowd always wants to add game systems, rather than in game tools, to thwart peoples choice of play...other than the pve route. thats my only issues with all of this here and on the forums in general.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    So this guy, like so many here, is quite upset that he joined a game featuring full loot ffa pvp and it turns out people want to pvp?

Go ahead, make a pure pve sandbox. Its not us, the pvp'ers fault that a game touted full loot ffa pvp and thats what attracted us. I can live with the pve crowd, so long as their requests for protection and nullification of my game play choice doesnt contradict what a sandbox is suppose to be about....player driven rules,economies, and relations.

Seems the pve crowd always wants to add game systems, rather than in game tools, to thwart peoples choice of play...other than the pve route. thats my only issues with all of this here and on the forums in general.
    ..it's pretty obvious you didn't read the OP. Almost everything in that post is about adding things to make Crafting both more complex/difficult and more rewarding for those who get really good at it - something I thought you'd get behind, as you've been complaining about the lack of challenge for crafters in your own thread.

Makes me hope the junkpiles will go away when the first rush of building (including the building of fortifications, pvp/pkers!) is finished, it's true a game world full of people with no scarcity to worry about would get boring fast.

Ehh NPC guards and guard towers create safezones just as well as an actual safezone does imo. It's just a little hidden.

But back on topic...

Farewell posts that aren't whining are great. This one is constructive. If anyone ever tried Dawntide for a little bit, each individual crafted object had a separate proficiency. That's a good idea. Basically most mmos that are sandboxes start out with combat and end up only having combat as a goal. You have to admit that starting off with a REAL foundation seems to be a better choice.

TL : DR