Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    Thanks, Keith. That's all? Haven't really noticed any demand for tar in the game. I tried to make a living selling chalk at one point but it was an utter failure because nobody wanted that stuff.
    I never said that's all, and just because they haven't put in what it's going to be used for doesn't mean you shouldn't be stocking up on it right now.

If it weren't for the cheesy rerolls I could easily trade baskets to toolmakers and other crafters who might have something I need within an hour of getting in game. Because bigger issues must be fixed first, I'll wait for better trading opportunities. I'm sure they'll exist sooner rather than later.

The only way trade will work, is if there is a "safe town" were you cant be killed....
    Otherwise, it wont work, due to fears of being Pk'd and looted.

Quote Originally Posted by PeonSanders911 View Post
    The only way trade will work, is if there is a "safe town" were you cant be killed....
    Otherwise, it wont work, due to fears of being Pk'd and looted.
    the tribes who wish to trade are going to have to be reputiable...and i have faith that even the most carebear of tribes will be able to defend against someone wishing to trade gank them in their own home.

bottom line, the tribes that offer trade in he safest enviroment, with the highest of reputation as good, are going to be the ones who get trade business...its a sandbox motive for being reputable.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    the tribes who wish to trade are going to have to be reputiable...and i have faith that even the most carebear of tribes will be able to defend against someone wishing to trade gank them in their own home.

bottom line, the tribes that offer trade in he safest enviroment, with the highest of reputation as good, are going to be the ones who get trade business...its a sandbox motive for being reputable.
    Good points. I know I'll be keeping a list of safe areas and safe people to trade in.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    Not only should there be trade, but there should be the ability for players to put up shops and sell to anyone. I don't know how many of you had the pleasure of playing SWG back in the day, but the MAIN thing that brought the whole community together was trade and player owned stores.

I was a Master Ranger in that game, but I also had a secondary toon that was exclusively a crafter and trader. I spent as much time running my shop as I did in combat. Not only that, but some of the best relationships I made on my server were with other crafters and my customers that I traded with on a regular basis.

I could go into a lot more detail here, but for now I will just say that to not have these in the game eventually will severely undercut the goals of having a thriving player driven economy, as well as a strong in-game sense of community.

First of all, yay SWG. So sad

Second! We were just talking about this in vent. Totem quests! They are essentially vendors where you can set trades.

"Trade will start when the junk piles are exhausted"

Sounds reasonable, but how exactly is that going to work ? Many of the items we currently scavenge are products of a high-tech industrial society. For instance, how will we make the plastics that are required by some recipes ? Or zippers ?

Will we go from a hunter/scavenger society to 20th century industrial overnight ?

With magic being introduced in the game later, perhaps we can make plastic by using a spell ?

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    First of all, yay SWG. So sad

Second! We were just talking about this in vent. Totem quests! They are essentially vendors where you can set trades.
    Quest is one thing, but there are town markets and trade totems in the feature list for that, hopefuly we'll get them soon.

Maybe I'm missing something? Trade? Trade what? We have a 8 man tribe, and with a little planning we all willl have different crafts. So its only a matter of time before we can make every recipe in the game. So what will there be to trade? What will tribes of that size or larger then need? I guess you can say some tribes can specialize in something ie leather armor. There also is a problem, you look at my vender how do you know if my stuff is better than what you have? People say they don't want this to be a gear driven game. But, everything will have to have some kind of stat so people can compare and shop. Once again maybe I'm missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by JWhin88 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something? Trade? Trade what? We have a 8 man tribe, and with a little planning we all willl have different crafts. So its only a matter of time before we can make every recipe in the game. So what will there be to trade? What will tribes of that size or larger then need? I guess you can say some tribes can specialize in something ie leather armor. There also is a problem, you look at my vender how do you know if my stuff is better than what you have? People say they don't want this to be a gear driven game. But, everything will have to have some kind of stat so people can compare and shop. Once again maybe I'm missing something?
    Resources will most likely become scarcer after a month or 2, once all the trees are chopped down and the new ones haven't regrown yet (or the new ones are still saplings and give poor quality wood). Same goes for junk piles, we don't know how fast they "refill", in fact, we don't even know if they DO refill...

So if after a month or two, someone has access to high quality resources (by hoarding or by using the resources inside their tribe territory wisely), they might be producing "high " quality axes while everyone else in the area can only manage to make junk quality.

Would you not consider trading for that axe ?

All items have a quality/durability rating in their description. That allows you to tell the difference between a good "axe" and a "worn" axe, for instance. Exactly what "new" and "worn" actually mean in terms of DPS or duration of use is something we will have to determine through experimentation.

Recipe ingredients are basically fixed, so the final quality/durability of the produced item is determined by a combination of ingredient quality, crafter skill and possibly tool quality. Fair to assume that all "worn" axes will behave the same way, always.