Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It is my understanding there is some diversity to the resources. Sand seems to spawn only near the lake. Chalk seems to spawn only in mountainous dry limstone deposits. I have a tool reciepe for a bevel that uses obsidian. I haven't found nor heard of that resource in game. These may not be huge differences but they do represent a small amount of diversity from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by PeonSanders911 View Post
    The only way trade will work, is if there is a "safe town" were you cant be killed....
    Otherwise, it wont work, due to fears of being Pk'd and looted.
    How can you make that statement and have that sig at the same time?

there are a few loacal (ISH) resources at the moment, like types of fish. But, i would definately say there could be more done to improve this area to promote trade.

Certain trees that provide harder or more flexible wood for example could be localised. Berries/foraged stuff for cooking could be localised. When mining comes in i hope the devs ensure metal types can be localised in some way.

I know ive said this before but an SWG system of dynamic spawns that can be depleted and the after a period of time may respawn somewhere else (especiallyu for higher quality resoucres) will ensure that no one tribe can forever claim a spot as it speads around a bit but will encourage trading of mats.