Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Why would you want to put things in the game to stop some one from attaking any one

I well tell you a simple way have pvpers in your tribe also!!!

there is no pvper that can live without a pver in this game!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    The percentage of land area doesn't mean anything to me when players can place their safe area anywhere they want that isn't already someone else's safe area. Something about that just screams "easily abused." Now, if tribes and people were restricted in the future to only being able to put safe zones in areas that have common resources and common mobs, then I'd have no problem with that either. As a PvE player, I'd like that to be a pretty sizable junk of the map, but I still think the PvP should get their High Risk/High Reward zones. This way, they can come sell the stuff I won't bother to go out and get, and in return I'll be able to trade them goods that I created at reasonable rate since I don't have to worry about getting ganked all the time and then driving my prices up to compensate.

It promotes balance and trade.
    It's a balancing act but yes. There also needs to be a war system to add metagame. The best spots should be fought over not granted in perpetuity by default. Otherwise the only recourse is to grief the holders out of the game and that is a very very bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgeist View Post
    It's a balancing act but yes. There also needs to be a war system too add metagame. The best spots should be fought over not granted in perpetuity by default.
    Thats the most probable way the game will take. Happy times.

Honestly the big issue here is that it is just too easy to "gank" someone who doesnt want to fight. With only 1 or 2 well placed shots, the player is dead and his body is looted. The crafter does not have time to defend himself, re-equip his weapon, etc before he is already dead. One of the reasons why EVE works as well as it does, is that it takes time and effort to catch a person who doesnt want to be caught. My recommendation is to make disengaging a bit easier for the player who doesnt want to fight, and force the "ganker" to make some serious preparations to get a good gank - i.e. setting a trap, or carefully waiting for a person to be low on energy or whatever.

hopefully with the combat system overhaul, it will add a bit of complexity to the combat and extending it out a bit, so that the gankee has a chance to survive long enough to either sprint away or until some of his friends can get there to save him.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Honestly the big issue here is that it is just too easy to "gank" someone who doesnt want to fight. With only 1 or 2 well placed shots, the player is dead and his body is looted. The crafter does not have time to defend himself, re-equip his weapon, etc before he is already dead. One of the reasons why EVE works as well as it does, is that it takes time and effort to catch a person who doesnt want to be caught. My recommendation is to make disengaging a bit easier for the player who doesnt want to fight, and force the "ganker" to make some serious preparations to get a good gank - i.e. setting a trap, or carefully waiting for a person to be low on energy or whatever.

hopefully with the combat system overhaul, it will add a bit of complexity to the combat and extending it out a bit, so that the gankee has a chance to survive long enough to either sprint away or until some of his friends can get there to save him.
    Tbh if the crafter is thinking about what they;re doing it should be possible to just run away from most fights even now. Just make sure you practice running around the tribe zone to keep running skill up!

I wonder how many that acctually read the features and the about his plans with this game.

Linking it here just incase.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...full=1#post223