Quote Originally Posted by shadowlz View Post
Damn, sounds like reavers! Back to the ship!
"Let's be bad guys!"

On-topic, there is a huge difference in acceptable PvP and griefing, beginning with every individual's differing definition of "griefing". The game gives people the option to play/roleplay an evil tribe/individual bent on destroying what's left of the world so, as much as others may not approve, those people have a valid place in the game world.

Does that mean I agree with destroying the population by farming spawn points and chasing new players away from the game? (Which shouldn't be an issue after the spawn protection is working correctly.) NO...it's horrible for the game and the community. It took Aventurine way too long to figure out that people logging into DF for the first time didn't really enjoy getting steamrolled and drylooted before they had figured out how to move/work the UI.

I also don't see much point in corpse-camping someone that's already been drylooted just to ruin their evening, but I also cringe at the things that happen on the internet today due to anonymity...

The game seems (at this point) to have a healthy population of both PvE and PvP (and combo) players. The dev team also seems to have a good idea of how to take care of some of the stuff that needs a system in place (to protect 30 second-old players from leetsauce asshats with nothing better to do), which will help immensely.

I look forward to crafting, exploring, building, and yes, fighting, but I play/roleplay a good character..which will get me killed more often than it will benefit me I think. Should be interesting!