View Poll Results: Do you have multiple accounts?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. One is enough

154 76.24%
  • Yes. I need my crafter and my PVP alt

17 8.42%
  • Yes. I have multiple accounts so I can be self sufficient

19 9.41%
  • Yes. I just bought a bunch to help out the company.

12 5.94%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    i have a second account. i will go to church on sunday and repent. i also have 2 cars, 3 kids and 1 job. should i have only one plate in my cupboard because theres only one of me? twats. the only reason i can think of why someone would be buthurt cuz i have a second player is that they cant grief-kill my crafter without me trying to log my tank in and defend him. i also log my wifes account sometimes and craft a basket. suck eggs. sometimes, as you got on with life, you find yourself able to afford more things than you could when you were a whiny, know it all kid who expects things to be given to them. still only 3 in my homestead so please, how do i have some sort of advantage?
    Esudar said " you have to live with what you got." i do, i live with the 2 accounts i got.

that was a wall of crap and didnt really make sense at all

maybe ill try the anglican church. i'll ask for forgiveness but im keeping the accounts. i will also ask for forgiveness for previous wall of crap.

Xsyon Citizen
    Multiple accounts is standard practice in MMOs and has been for years. To those acting like this is some sort of shock, you may wish to broaden your horizons. To MMO vets who are nevertheless complaining about this as if it's cheating, I can't say I understand where you're coming from (unless you take RP really really seriously, which I suppose I can understand).

Tbh in games like WoW and ish like that .. one account was more then enough.
    I play eve .. and I got 2 accounts there .. simply couse one is good one thing and other in other.

Xsyon Citizen
    I would like to be able to have a crafter and a pvp char, but on the same account. I wouldn't buy another account just to have another char.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    i have a second account. i will go to church on sunday and repent. i also have 2 cars, 3 kids and 1 job. should i have only one plate in my cupboard because theres only one of me? twats. the only reason i can think of why someone would be buthurt cuz i have a second player is that they cant grief-kill my crafter without me trying to log my tank in and defend him. i also log my wifes account sometimes and craft a basket. suck eggs. sometimes, as you got on with life, you find yourself able to afford more things than you could when you were a whiny, know it all kid who expects things to be given to them. still only 3 in my homestead so please, how do i have some sort of advantage?
    Esudar said " you have to live with what you got." i do, i live with the 2 accounts i got.
    Ok, let me get this straight. Having several people run (several) different accounts to gain different skill sets and all having access to those characters when needed is just fine and not someone elses bloody business - but one person using automated keyclicking to establish more or less the same thing is an abomination and a display of the worst humanity has to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Trak View Post
    Ok, let me get this straight. Having several people run (several) different accounts to gain different skill sets and all having access to those characters when needed is just fine and not someone elses bloody business - but one person using automated keyclicking to establish more or less the same thing is an abomination and a display of the worst humanity has to offer?
    Big problem with your argument. Macroing is against the TOS,however, having multiple accounts is not. That is their rule.

Also, have you ever heard of families? Or have you ever heard of roomates living in the same apartment, playing the same game on different computers.

Very weak attempt at raising up macroing as something justifiable. Next...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    Big problem with your argument. Macroing is against the TOS,however, having multiple accounts is not. That is their rule.
    Big problem with your argument; Was not talking about what was in the rules or not.

I was talking about the hypocrisy in peoples opinions. Regardless of whether it is against the rules, I fail to see that those two scenarios are not quite similar for many intents and purposes. So if you justify one, why is the opinion on the other vehemently opposite? Whats the difference between someone macroing basketry in his off hours and Dirt using his wifes parallel trained account to achieve the same effect?

And yes, I have heard about families. Wonderful concept. And I am living your second scenario even. Do I win a prize?
    Fail to see what it has do with my question though?

I suspect you read something in my question that was not there. I have no issue with multiaccounting.

Dirts admitted use of his wifes account is a violation of the ToS, I might add. Want me to go all "LAME ASS CHEATER! ACCOUNT SHOULD BE DELETED" on you, Dirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Trak View Post
    Big problem with your argument; Was not talking about what was in the rules or not.

I was talking about the hypocrisy in peoples opinions. Regardless of whether it is against the rules, I fail to see that those two scenarios are not quite similar for many intents and purposes. So if you justify one, why is the opinion on the other vehemently opposite? Whats the difference between someone macroing basketry in his off hours and Dirt using his wifes parallel trained account to achieve the same effect?

And yes, I have heard about families. Wonderful concept. And I am living your second scenario even. Do I win a prize?
    Fail to see what it has do with my question though?

I suspect you read something in my question that was not there. I have no issue with multiaccounting.

Dirts admitted use of his wifes account is a violation of the ToS, I might add. Want me to go all "LAME ASS CHEATER! ACCOUNT SHOULD BE DELETED" on you, Dirt?
    This is not Dirt, though after reading his posts, I repsect the guy. Plus I highly doubt (seeing his good attitude), that he would try the lameness of posting from his alt acct. to support his argument, because I know that is what you are suggesting here.

I understand you are doing a hypothetical here, but is still does not change what is.

Playing on an alt account is not like macroing. In one instance (playing alt acct.), you are still playing, thus, pressing the keys, etc.. In the other instance (macroing), you are not playing, thus the problem with your comparison. It's like comparing stealing (for more money), to having an extra job( for more money). Understand?