Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Diversity

are there plans to have seperate skill point pools? Like, you can get so many skill points to be allocated to combat skills, some for crafting, some for harvesting?

Yes. This is already implemented. There is a soft cap for each skill group.

---

Separate pools = bad (in my opinion)

I think all skills should fall under the same soft cap, so you're either highly skilled in combat, highly skilled in crafting, or a jack-of-all-trades.

im a black guy in game...and black people = diversity so...

oh and since stats are a secret, its going to be very hard to figure out which setup is "best"

so i think there will be lots of variety because of this

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post

oh and since stats are a secret, its going to be very hard to figure out which setup is "best"

lol

well the secrets stats thing is true

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post

lol

well the secrets stats thing is true

There is 25 sets of leather armor.... need I say more... Think of the uniqness between crafters, its like this for bonecrafting as well... can't wait.

<<< Aiming to be one of the top bone crafters serverwide.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    There is 25 sets of leather armor.... need I say more... Think of the uniqness between crafters, its like this for bonecrafting as well... can't wait.

<<< Aiming to be one of the top bone crafters serverwide.
    How are they going to be unique?

How can you tell between 25 different sets (if they truly are unique besides look)?

How can you tell which crafter made the better version of the same set? If the only difference is going to be durability and a few different types of quality, then crafting is going to be straightforward and boring.

We need to see numbers... For crafting, economy, and just all practical purposes in general. If there are no unique numbers, code some.

- Two crafters of the same skill should be able to create different versions of the same piece.

- A lower skilled crafter should have a chance to create a better version of something if using much higher quality of resources than a more experienced crafter.

I was under the impression crafting was going to be this way. That type of system needs visible numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    How are they going to be unique?

How can you tell between 25 different sets (if they truly are unique besides look)?

How can you tell which crafter made the better version of the same set? If the only difference is going to be durability and a few different types of quality, then crafting is going to be straightforward and boring.

We need to see numbers... For crafting, economy, and just all practical purposes in general. If there are no unique numbers, code some.

- Two crafters of the same skill should be able to create different versions of the same piece.

- A lower skilled crafter should have a chance to create a better version of something if using much higher quality of resources than a more experienced crafter.

I was under the impression crafting was going to be this way. That type of system needs visible numbers.
    I agree with this 100%

I think it would be interesting not to have the usual "+10 def, +5% against poison" labelled everywhere.

Maybe if you had 1 line that said "Crafter Quality level: XXX" or another line that says "Moderate Piercing Protection". Then you could do some trial and error tests instead of "by the numbers" tests, which just makes min/maxing stuff too easy.

Might have some gear that says "Crafter Quality level: 40" that has "High Piercing Protection" vs a "Crater Quality level: 80" that has "Moderate Piercing Protection". Something that makes it so you can see a little difference in the crafted item, but something that you'd actually have to test out instead of just comparing numbers like in every other game. Level 80 moderate may be higher than level 40 High... maybe not.

I like min/maxing. It's going to happen, anyway. Smart people always figure out the formula and post it.

So OP is saying they didn't understand what was good about Darkfall and didn't like Darkfall.

The problem with "classes" or "specialization" or whatever is that 1 is always the "best," and Flavor of the Monthers flock to that class/specialization/whatever.

And then everyone is the same anyway.