Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    [QUOTE=dxwarlock;52093]lets say they did hire one from there...so your logic is people that was released from a job during a recession, are somehow less capable of completing a task fairly than someone thats gainfully employed?[/QUOTE]

I am actually begin serious for once, and asking question.

Where would you go about to hire a Forum Mod?

I suggest the unemployeement Office because I know that here in Boston, MA that they have things like that.

Is there a speical way to hire them or a location to ?
    like Freelancers?

[QUOTE=furanku;52098]I am actually begin serious for once, and asking question.
    Where would you go about to hire a Forum Mod?
    I suggest the unemployeement Office because I know that here in Boston, MA that they have things like that.
    Is there a speical way to hire them or a location to ?
    like Freelancers?[/QUOTE]

mods arent "hired" they are usually volunteers picked based on their past experience and credentials much like the guides are.
    there is no actual "paying" job to sit around and mod a forum in and of itself..its either volunteers like above, or a subset of an existing job in the company such as a web-admin, GM position, or such.

[QUOTE=dxwarlock;52099]mods arent "hired" they are usually volunteers picked based on their past experience and credentials much like the guides are.
    there is no actual "paying" job to sit around and mod a forum in and of itself..its either volunteers like above, or a subset of an existing job in the company such as a web-admin, GM position, or such.[/QUOTE]

Ah ha. I see, interesting. Thanks.

Modding its own reward.

[QUOTE=Vicid;52104]Modding its own reward.[/QUOTE]

Yup, banning and what not. Did you guys look at the vid I posted on your Ad?

[QUOTE=furanku;52105]Yup, banning and what not.[/QUOTE]
    banning is an unfortunate side effect of having to be a mod, not once when I had to ban/warn/temp ban a user from a forum or a game, did I ever feel 'self satisfied' about doing so. the fact that one less user in the community, and possibly one less paying customer because of his decision to leave based on actions that had to be taken against him is in no way a "good feeling"

[QUOTE=dxwarlock;52112]banning is an unfortunate side effect of having to be a mod, not once when I had to ban/warn/temp ban a user from a forum or a game, did I ever feel 'self satisfied' about doing so. the fact that one less user in the community, and possibly one less paying customer because of his decision to leave based on actions that had to be taken against him is in no way a "good feeling"[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, not all mods share that same feeling.

[QUOTE=furanku;52105]Yup, banning and what not. Did you guys look at the vid I posted on your Ad?[/QUOTE]
    I did...but I'm not sure I understood it.