View Poll Results: Should dismantling structures be more interactive?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 95.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe--see my post

2 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dismantling buildings should be more interactive

Following the discussion in the other "dismantling" thread (too lazy to find the link), I suggested this in that thread and everyone seemed to like it. I've decided to make a separate thread for the suggestion to see what people think.

Right now, dismantling buildings is a little too easy. You right click, hit dismantle, and poof, it's now a ghost structure. I think there should be some interaction involved with dismantling a building.

What I'm thinking is when you right click and hit "Begin Dismantle", the dismantling process now begins. To participate in the dismantling, you'd need a hammer. Once you have one, walk up to the dismantling project and click something along the lines of "Demolish". You see your character swinging the hammer as if he were attempting to smash the building while the normal timer bar seen with most actions times down. After each successful "Demolish" (whatever name would work, I'm just using Demolish for the sake of example), you have a chance to recover some of the materials used to make the structure. The amount recovered would be based upon your Architecture skill, as well as your Strength, Perception, and Dexterity (again, just random stats, but seem to make sense), and also if there are any materials left to recover in the first place. Also, after each successful "Demolish", you see part of the building disappear as if it were partially in ruin. I'm thinking there should be roughly 4 or 5 "stages" of demolition that you should be able to see with each structure. Too much would require simply too much coding, but you see what I'm getting at. As for recovering materials, I don't think you should EVER be able to fully recover all materials used, but if you have a very high Arch skill and high enough relevant stats, you should be able to recover a good portion of them.

i sugest similiar this not only demolish but to building

It's going to be made so that you can actually take the resources back out at a percentage of loss.

Yeah, it would be nice to get resources back at least. And, I do think it is far too easy to dismantle buildings right now. It should be a two-click process, for example. I know I've accidentally deleted buildings because of clicking too quickly and not paying attention.

When tribal warfare and destructible assets are implemented (if/when), it would make much more sense to take time to destroy assets with a longer window rather than instantly.

To the victor goes the spoils. A sore loser tribal leader could just destroy everything instantly instead of the aggressor tribe dismantling a won sieges buildings for resources. It would seem more logical to give the benefit to the winning attacker rather than letting the loser instapwn all during a losing siege.

I see it being so easy, to raise your Arch.....
    How else can you raise that skill, unless you build over and over??
    To make it hard to destroy, would be a nightmare...let alone the resources you lose increasing your skill....

I'm pretty sure that is why its so easy to destroy......but I could be wrong.....

Quote Originally Posted by PeonSanders911 View Post
    To make it hard to destroy, would be a nightmare...let alone the resources you lose increasing your skill....

I'm pretty sure that is why its so easy to destroy......but I could be wrong.....
    Well as it stands, grinding arch is extremely resource inefficient. This way, it adds more immersion to the game making you feel like your actually destroying the building and salvaging some of the resources used--thus making it more resource efficient.

There should be at least a <confirm y/n?> option. Even better, can there be an ACL that says mere humans have to work like a MF to take a building apaprt, and architects get to confirm Y/N if its their building? We have put crafting supplies in teepees, which is a user of them that the game should support, and the misclick of opening a bin has destroyed to teepees for two of us in three days. Untenable.

There definately needs to be at the VERY LEAST a confirm Y/N on disassembling buildings.

An option in the totem/rank settings for disassembling that is seperate from the build option would also be appreciated.

Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaddict View Post
    There definately needs to be at the VERY LEAST a confirm Y/N on disassembling buildings.

An option in the totem/rank settings for disassembling that is seperate from the build option would also be appreciated.