View Poll Results: Should players be allowed to build anywhere?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

54 46.96%
  • No

61 53.04%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Should players be allowed to build anywhere?

If they are also made destroyable.

Personally, I think the idea of tribal zones limits player freedom. Why should someone not be allowed to build structures once all the land has been "claimed?"

Only if buldings outside of territory can be destroyed. If they can, I see no problem with this.

No, i like how it is

Once buildings can be destroyed yes until then no. I think that's what is planned... maybe.

I think it was said that the plan is to remove safe zones after the Prelude.

we want to setup a nice village for us and vistors so no, because this could destroy indivdual villages atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Stundorn View Post
    we want to setup a nice village for us and vistors so no, because this could destroy indivdual villages atmosphere.
    I can see where you are coming from, but I don't agree with it. It's the whole, "we have ours so you can't have yours" mentality. I think that if you want to have a village you should also have to defend it. I don't think that buildings should be easily destroyed though. It should take a good bit of effort.

I too seem to remember reading somewhere that the plan is for buildings to eventually be subject to destruction.

And I'm okay with that with the same stipulation as mrcalhou: building destruction should require significant effort. I would point to EVE Online as a good MMO model for this. You can destroy the other guy's infrastructure, IF you're prepared, organized and strong enough to tackle the project. Otherwise, you get your head handed to you.

You can't build anywhere? First I have heard of that.

Of course you should be able to build anywhere. One of the negatives in Darkfall was that the so called player cities were already built and housing did not exist apart from these prebuilt villages.

It is essential that you should be able to build anywhere.

If buildings are destructible then there is no problem with this.

I can not believe people want yet more artificial barriers in this game ! How you going to explain that you can't build ? "God says you can ont build here"? WTF get serious people. Stop with all the concrete lines in my sandbox already.

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    You can't build anywhere? First I have heard of that.

Of course you should be able to build anywhere. One of the negatives in Darkfall was that the so called player cities were already built and housing did not exist apart from these prebuilt villages.

It is essential that you should be able to build anywhere.

If buildings are destructible then there is no problem with this.

I can not believe people want yet more artificial barriers in this game ! How you going to explain that you can't build ? "God says you can ont build here"? WTF get serious people. Stop with all the concrete lines in my sandbox already.
    You weren't aware that you can only build inside tribe zones or homesteads ?