Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    I think the point was, that the release date is set at 3/1 on mmorpg, that way some people dont acutally order till then, March 1st is gonna be massive noob flood date. if the servers dont even come up till the 7th were still gonna have the noob flood in our "free" week. at the very least they should get the release date changed to the 15th on mmorpg and call it good everyone is happy

Quote Originally Posted by mcdowellbri View Post
    I think the point was, that the release date is set at 3/1 on mmorpg, that way some people dont acutally order till then, March 1st is gonna be massive noob flood date. if the servers dont even come up till the 7th were still gonna have the noob flood in our "free" week. at the very least they should get the release date changed to the 15th on mmorpg and call it good everyone is happy
    agree

What are you whining about? Things didnt go as it was suppose to. But there is really nothing Jooky can do about it now. Do you want him to rush out the game just so you can get a 2 weeks headstart. If he does that the game might fail launch again. Besides we get 2 weeks extra game time for all this trouble.

Eh... Did he PROMISE something SPECIFICALLY?

why isnt he doing like most game companies do on a server move? instead of waiting for server to move then wipe and start new server why isnt he just wipe not let us play then when new server comes online he can just simple transfer the data. i could deal with a 1-2 day down time of him transfering the data. i just cant deal with how we could already be wiped and playing now yet hes doing things the hard way alienating alot of people.

to me should go like this: 1. wipe servers and bring them up tuesday but also announce that there could be another wipe if data is becoming corrupted.
    2. bring the servers down before 15th with enough time to transfer data.

thats my opinion of what would be good to do but looks like in end gonna be a long boring week and have to pray that the servers are stable on 8th then

Quote Originally Posted by Monfols View Post
    I am interested, they should let people pay to get trolls banned. I bet there quite some people to pay some money to get the dust gone to make the fora all shiny again .
    Sound like a troll thread. Someone ban this guy and pay me.

I don't think it matters much as we don't really get a head start do we? can't anyone "pre-order" until release and start playing that day right up until launch? I don't think they are going to restrict sales from head start to launch meaning that launch day will not be much different from the day before. My guess is we will see a steady stream of people filtering in each day. It seems to me just to be semantics and promotional. What is the difference between your starting 2 weeks ahead and a friend of mine buying the game the day after that starts and having one day less?

Can anyone confirm whether they will stop sales during the head start? If not I just can't see how it matters. I might be missing something though. From my perspective anyone can buy the game and start playing any day they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdowellbri View Post
    Do you think someone who is interested in the game is seeing the release date. . not checking the website and waiting until launch to buy it? I suppose it is possible but that seems odd to me. If they want to play why would they wait until the 7th especially with the preorder weapons etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    I don't think it matters much as we don't really get a head start do we? can't anyone "pre-order" until release and start playing that day right up until launch? I don't think they are going to restrict sales from head start to launch meaning that launch day will not be much different from the day before. My guess is we will see a steady stream of people filtering in each day. It seems to me just to be semantics and promotional. What is the difference between your starting 2 weeks ahead and a friend of mine buying the game the day after that starts and having one day less?

Can anyone confirm whether they will stop sales during the head start? If not I just can't see how it matters. I might be missing something though. From my perspective anyone can buy the game and start playing any day they want to.
    Originally the pre-orders got in the game before the pre-launch started. That was why I bought.... to test and learn before the actually pre-launch. It will still be in that phase until the actual pre-launch starts. Then pre-ordering won't really matter.

Wow I guess the D-bag crowds really did make it over from DF and MO, stop whining. You'll be getting your monies worth which is more than can be said for DF and MO.

Everybody just has to complain about something, pick up a damn book and read something if you're bored, but stop harassing the dev's for something that they make right. This game is actually turning out to be decent and will work which again can't be said for MO at least, so stop harassing the man like it's starvault it's not, nothing was 100% specifically said that we would get 2 full weeks head start, as virtus said that was a bonus, so you're only getting a week so what! Most ppl in a week will almost have half their cities built or terroformed.

My god what the hell is wrong with you ppl.

I am super critical of all games and I havne't played a decent working game from the wraper much less a MMO.
    For once in a decade I can say I think that Jooky is doing a great job with this game and I think he'll make it work. And I'll probably not be able to say that again for another 20 years I'm sure.

Let the man work so he can get the game to work, the more time he spends listening to you all cry the less time he's fixing the game. That doesn't mean I don't agree with some of the statements, but your crying outweights anything justifiable you have to say. Which means you act like a D-Bag you get treated like one and your opinion is virtually worthless.