INSPECT skill to reveal item stats?

Ok listen to this.

IF every item have hidden stats, depending on the crafter skills, mats used etc..

What if we needed an INSPECT skill to see those stats ? But i'm not talking about numbers.

but something like this :

REAL ITEM STATS ( hidden ) : KNIFE : damage 10 - damage type: slashing - speed: 10 - Durability 10.

WHAT WE WOULD SEE WITH low INSPECT SKILL when using the skill on the object : An excpetional hand made knife(refers to damage)...could easly CUT through the common armors...(refers to slash damage) ( The 3 dots mean that there are more hidden stats you cannot see due to your low inspect skill)

WHAT WE WOULD SEE WITH high INSPECT SKILL when using the skill on the object : An excpetional hand made knife, unbelievably light and fast, incredibly resilient,could easly CUT through the common armors. An engraving on the handle says Miyagi. - so we get informations about the crafter, the speed, the damage etc, and maybe we can get some facts about the weapon type and stuff...you know, some fluff.

Imagine this for every item in the game . No numbers, nothing certain, but you can still have an idea about items quality!

great Idea, next time post in the suggestions forum though

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    great Idea, next time post in the suggestions forum though
    ops, my bad .'

pls move it to the suggestion forum

yes, that is what i had in mind

instead of adding a contrived skill, why not just use the crafting skills already there? if you have a high weaponcrafting skill, you'll be able to know more about what makes a weapon well-made. or maybe even the general weapon usage skills. if you were good with a blade surely you can appreciate a good one just by feeling its balance in your hands, among other quick tests

Show the numbers. It's never hurt any game, unless you have some sort of weird bigotry against them.

Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    instead of adding a contrived skill, why not just use the crafting skills already there? if you have a high weaponcrafting skill, you'll be able to know more about what makes a weapon well-made. or maybe even the general weapon usage skills. if you were good with a blade surely you can appreciate a good one just by feeling its balance in your hands, among other quick tests
    Very nice suggestion, i like it. Maybe you should get a small bonus to combat skill if you are a good weapon crafter!

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Show the numbers. It's never hurt any game, unless you have some sort of weird bigotry against them.
    Well, numbers are not realistic. The look of weapon is. And is funnier and promote game immersion, doesn't it?