Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Desert Rats: Mercenary Command

The Joker had it right.
    If you're good at something, never do it for free.

TRIBE ALIGNMENT:
    Neutral OR Evil.
    (To be decided by the players.)

CONCEPT:
    Ideally I would like to recruit people/join with other Mercenary commands to create a "Hiring Hall" of sorts.
    Essentially form a Town where other Tribes can come to enlist the services of Merc Tribes and attract Tribes looking for work.

There are some advantages:
    1: As a Merc command alot of your warriors can and will be out on mission for various lengths of time. By contracting out, you stretch yourself thin and if you have your own holdings, may find it difficult to defend.
    By banding together with other like minded Mercs and basing out of the "Hiring Hall", you rely on each other to fill in the gaps.
    2: Professional Reputation.
    Short of someone stumbling across posts on the forum or information ingame, a central network of Professional Merc commands in one location could attract anyone needing a service. They head there with expecations and walk away with a contract.
    3: Each Merc Tribe will have different strengths over others. How does someone hiring Mercs know who does what and who does it well?
    Maybe a Tribe wants to hire some proctection or maybe they want to hire some crafters to come to their village and help out with buildings and items.
    Over time,(if they desire) Merc commands will gain a Specialty and rating. The specialty is their chosen field and their rating is based on feedback from the Client and the command themselves.
    If a command is constantly backing out on contracts or not completing assigned tasks, this will effect there rating.
    This helps keep a "product standard" in the service provided.

Weekly PVE events are something I've always been fond of in other games. Everyone goes out. Everyone splits the loot. Everyone has a good time.

Since much of the game is still unknown to us, it would be hard to hammer out anything else, but the basics.

MYSELF:
    I'm an easy going, laid back player who would rather have fun ingame instead of nerd raging about silly issues.
    Griefing and taking away enjoyment of the game for others isn't my goal. Supplying an interesting playing field for like minded players is.
    The "Hiring Hall" and the tribe will have its own VENT. Those Merc Commands that wish to work together can either have their own channel or we can pool together to make communication easy.
    (Sort of like my Clan in Darkfall. Much of our Alliance uses various channels in the same vent, assigned to them, to improve reaction time and communication.)

Thoughts? Flames?

Re:The Desert Rats: Mercenary Command

Another new clan!

Good luck with this man.

If you can't make it though, the USSR is always looking for soldiers. We hold similar values when it comes to alignment. We also have a vent for our use.

Ivan Streptovsky wrote:
    Another new clan!

Good luck with this man.

If you can't make it though, the USSR is always looking for soldiers. We hold similar values when it comes to alignment. We also have a vent for our use.

Stop driving fresh meet to my den you nolifer nub...You hurt them if you trying to lure young wolfes in your weak clan.

Seems competition will be stiff within the mercenary clans.

Good luck my friend.

Doesn't have to be competition.

Do you guys plan on going it solo or are you interested in a mutual protection pact once the game goes live?

Mercs gotta stick together man.

Think..wolfs Dragoons from Battletech. (if you're familiar with that at all.)

PANZERBUNNY wrote:

Do you guys plan on going it solo or are you interested in a mutual protection pact once the game goes live?
    [/quote]

We have an alliance with the Toxic Brotherhood at the moment, but having more soldiers on our side would be nice.

Though I was meaning more If you can't get any members to join you could always join the USSR =P

It looks like a Jerboa in your Sig, and also a decepticon. You have my stamp of approval if that means anything

shockwave Goes with the decepticon sleeve on my left arm hehe.

well I'll give this a go and see what happens.

I dont think it would be that hard to get 3 Merc commands to base out of the same town.

PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    shockwave Goes with the decepticon sleeve on my left arm hehe.

well I'll give this a go and see what happens.

I dont think it would be that hard to get 3 Merc commands to base out of the same town.
    I think there's only, like, one mercenary group. That and you need 10 people in your tribe to make a town.

Is it 10 people in your Tribe or just 10 people?