Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    IN which case, I highly recommend you play a game that isnt grindy, you know like Rift, or anything else on rails, because making and building a real world is def more grinday that say, oh being on rails the whole time.

But speaking of SWG crafting, man it would be nice to have grass harvesters for all that basketry I'm gonna do.

2. 02-28-2011, 07:44 PM

They just said in a russian TV interview that most of the OP's concerns would be reworked in an up -coming patch. Looks like it's a sad day for us PVP'rs and Full on win for the carebears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM

4. 02-28-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by bcrfan View Post
    IN which case, I highly recommend you play a game that isnt grindy, you know like Rift, or anything else on rails, because making and building a real world is def more grinday that say, oh being on rails the whole time.

But speaking of SWG crafting, man it would be nice to have grass harvesters for all that basketry I'm gonna do.
    Send our your fellow tribe members as your grass harvesters

Sure maybe constantly crafting the asme stuff could get boring by yourself, im lucky that about 10 of us have come over from our Darkfall clan to try this out so we are constantly building up resources getting all the toosl we need and equiping people with weapnos and armor. At the moment I am finding this great fun just trying to get our city togeather, and when terraforming gets turned back on will be even better..

Had my first taste of proper group pvp last night as well me and a clan mate verses 3 guys.. sadly they only wanted to water fight but it was still pretty fun killing them even with the lag... tho got killed a few times as well.. with a bit more work on the combat system it would be awesome.

Anyway just play the game you dont need to be maxed out straight away jsut take your time and have fun... if i cant have fun in a game or if it bores me then guess what i just dont play it...

Wait. You're playing an MMO and complaining about... grinding? In that case you're taking an entirely wrong approach. This game, from what I've seen, is less about grinding than any game I've played.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldun View Post
    I could go fishing. Grinding.
    Isn't the point of fishing to catch fish to eat? You can do that with fairly little skill. Why are you even trying to grind this skill?

I could go Scavenging. Grinding. (Walk to some location, stare at a casting bar, walk a bit forward, stare at a casting bar etc).
    And the point of scavenging is to find materials. Again, why are you grinding this skill? It goes up naturally as you look for things you need.

I could go foraging. Same story.
    Same as above

I could go chopping. Same story.
    I don't get people who randomly chop down trees - as if you gain something from it? You chop down trees to get wood to build things, not for the sake of chopping down more trees.

I could go crafting, but for that, you'll have to grind more than any game I've ever seen before.
    Again, why are you grinding? You craft things you need. You use the things you craft to either craft more, build things, or trade. What, exactly, are you grinding?

I will agree, though, that some kind of quick, "welcome" tutorial for the game can go a long way. I already posted this and I think the review on MMORPG.com also mentions this.

But, if you've been programmed to play MMO's by grinding all the skills possible, then don't play this one, otherwise, you'll never actually enjoy it.