Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
1. It's an RPG and skills based on hwat you do.
2. If you don't like grinding you probably should not be playing rpg's.
3. Chopping trees in Xsyon actually makes sense, you chop the tree and it ralls over right in front of you, then you determine if you want to cut it up into small or large pieces.
4 Terraforming is my most favorite thing about this entire game, I can shape the world the way I see fit.
5. Crafting requires help from many people and is one of the best ideas that I've seen for this game, you can't be a pure solo player, after it's an MMO.
6. Combat is continually being worked on and optimized, and now that they have a new programmer dedicated to the combat we should start to see some nice changes/additions to the combat.
7. Walls are optional, however there are gates as well that haven't been released yet- in order to get into your city they will have to siege there way in.

Last thing you talk abou tis how confusing it is, I admit that there's a learning curve but to me that's one of my top things I like with new mmo's- learning how to play.

However, you are probably right- Xsyon just might not be for you.
2. I have been playing (mmo)rpgs for years now, and yes they're 'my kind of game'. However, there's a difference between grinding and grinding. The grinding here is staring at a casting bar, grinding in many other mmos is using 5+ different skills, fighting or at least really feeling like you're doing something yourself instead of looking at your screen and doing nothing.

3. I never said it doesn't make sense ?
4. As said in my original post I agree Terraforming is quite fun, but mindnumbing.
5. I never said you don't require help, but you require the help of several people in the way that they're all grinding.
6. I ofcourse don't know about things that aren't released yet, but for now the combat is simply nothing spectacular.
7. As long as there are no gates walls are useless.
8. You're quite contradicting yourself here to be honest. Why should they have to run on thngs that don't get run? How many self-respectable gamers still run on Pentium? A game shouldnt lower their graphics for no longer buyable machines to be able to run it.

And yes as you could've obviously made up from my OP this game ain't for me, I'm just trying to discuss why/why not .