Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: old saw blade

I found 2 in 2 days.... I think it all boils down to luck. Just trade somebody for one.

IMO, there should always be a base/crappy way to make the starter tools without needing to have "luck" in finding a special piece like an old saw blade. Poor guy starts out as a woodcrafter and gets ganked of his tool, now he is screwed until someone he knows lucks into a scavenge and he knows someone who can craft a saw for him. Otherwise, hes not going to have much of a chance to build stuff with the skill - he might as well reroll.

Just as a "real-world" note, saw blades and other cutting implements are made of special high-strength carbon steel. If you were to use a plain old sheet of pot metal and cut out a saw-like shape and fasten that to a wooden handle, you would wind up with a really lousy saw. Though I guess that might still be better than nothing. Perhaps make the "scavenger's saw" recipe use a small metal sheet, and have the product be really poor quality; and then have the better model saws require an Old Saw Blade.

Xsyon Citizen
    100.0 Scavenging now, 1.000 deaths, 1.000.000 nails but not a single old saw blade. That's no fun.

Good news is with that many nails you can now afford to buy all of the old saw blades on the server. Bads news is that from my recent experience, rare items are now localised, meaning you need to discover where they are and scavenge there. My area that used to be rich in Old Saw blades and most everything else now favors the ever useful Freeway Rail. I havent scaved an old saw blade in weeks but I don't really need one atm. Happy hunting.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by hammrain View Post
    As a matter of ease the devs could add a recipe for said blade. with a punch, and a hammer, you can take a small medium or large sheet of metal and make a saw blade. Thats basically how they are made in real life, but they use a hydraulic press to make the cuts for the teeth
    Crafting in Xsyon play a major role, whatever you use " "Basic" tools, materials for tools like old saw blade, weapons, etc...", should be able to construct your self, but, to get supper weapons, armor, etc....? you should have to use rare metals and schemes which would be hard to find throughout scavenging and loot, with upcoming revenants.

I have found most of mine in the south. I don't know if location matters or if it is just luck, but I would suggest trying different locations and see what works for you. I am also a scavenging maniac, so that might have something to do with it.

Location really really really matters. In one place I find nothing but tons and tons of rivets, nothing else. In another place I can find lots of nails, all the time. It isn't all luck. Some areas simply do not have certain things in it.

I always find old saw blades in 739, 740 or 780

bullshit

sorry to say but the old sawblade luck scavange is bullshit..same problem..that an toolcrafter ( my self) need to get 70 (no joke) to get the first saw recipes with luck.

this game is near a collape of leaving player..and the patches..lol look at the post for the testserver patch..it feels like the devs will kill there own game...or dont want more player.

so mutch problems..but they change the skillsystem..to make more problems with the very low player base...this is stupid...thats why i dont renew my account...ther a re other games in the pipline will kick xsyon down ( see archage),

xsyon is a great game with so great potential..but the devs kick ass this good things