Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    But the twist here is that everyone has lost their memories.
    as a species we're highly social, highly intelligent, and highly agressive...when you dump in a limited supply of stuff you need to stay alive, its kinda obvious how it's going to play out.

But the twist here is that everyone has lost their memories.

Edit button is left of reply and reply with quote.
    Memory or not, people still retain survival instincts; after a crisis event occurs instincts take over for educational accumen.

I'm just curious as to why you mentioned the edit button.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffy View Post
    There are many mechanics not in/working atm that will all affect PvP and so to get all up in heat about this mechanic needing to be fixed now is silly. I would rather see them get the world mostly stable and lagfree first then start implementing their game mechanics/tools as they move closer towards launch (cause this game is definitely still beta at most.)

Seems like the OP is mostly concerned that he can't grief someone properly, tho since is it really that hard to notice "Im on someone's land and they are running to attack me..." hmmm maybe if I want to fight back I should get off their land first then see what happens. giving the totem area as safe to players (at the moment) allows people to play without being griefed repeatedly on their lands. So you might not like the mechanic but if you want to PvP at the moment do it off people lands since you are helpless on their land (broken or not.)
    This thread is not about wanting to grief people.

It is about a major broken game mechanic that gives people invulnrabilty while they may still kill and loot you. It is ridiculous to keep it the way it is. It is an appaling feature at best.

Greifing is not the definition of self-defense by the way.

Well of course you're going to want to survive. But you're not going to just attack everyone you see without reason. Before I was saying one's actions with a full memory of the world around them may not be the same as one who has no memory of the world around them. That's why theories or assumptions based on our own knowledge may include differing outcomes. You can say "well if I had no memory", but that won't work because you do have that memory and knowledge consciously and subconsciously.

You had like 3 posts. Never seen that before on here or other forums for that matter unless someone's bumping. People usually just edit and enter another quote. Just seemed clueless looking.

This thread still ongoing? recap?

..yes it will change in time, when the devs have time for it.. No its not stupit. it stops a lot of nasty way to stop harassment. , read all eleven pages in order to find some but not all are mention yet.

It works fine for now, avoid tribe / homesteads if you feel insecure about your own ability to survive , funny fact of this thread Both the groups that are known to be "evil" ("gankers") and known to be "good" ("carebears")agree that its fine enough for now. just some random posters who do not read everything keep bumping this darn thread along whit the thread starter who cant let it go and keeps repeating himself.

Well of course you're going to want to survive. But you're not going to just attack everyone you see without reason. Before I was saying one's actions with a full memory of the world around them may not be the same as one who has no memory of the world around them. That's why theories or assumptions based on our own knowledge may include differing outcomes. You can say "well if I had no memory", but that won't work because you do have that memory and knowledge consciously and subconsciously.

You had like 3 posts. Never seen that before on here or other forums for that matter unless someone's bumping. People usually just edit and enter another quote. Just seemed clueless looking.
    I read a post and answered it, read another post and answered it, read another post and answered it. No reason, nor would I ever have even entertained the thought of wasting time editing in quotes into 1 post when 3 does just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    I read a post and answered it, read another post and answered it, read another post and answered it. No reason, nor would I ever have even entertained the thought of wasting time editing in quotes into 1 post when 3 does just fine.
    lol.. well to each his own I guess.

I just like structure and consolidation. I would have said why post 3 times when I could just post 1 time. Cleaner on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    This thread still ongoing? recap?

..yes it will change in time, when the devs have time for it.. No its not stupit. it stops a lot of nasty way to stop harassment. , read all eleven pages in order to find some but not all are mention yet.

It works fine for now, avoid tribe / homesteads if you feel insecure about your own ability to survive , funny fact of this thread Both the groups that are known to be "evil" ("gankers") and known to be "good" ("carebears")agree that its fine enough for now. just some random posters who do not read everything keep bumping this darn thread along whit the thread starter who cant let it go and keeps repeating himself.
    The problem imo, with those people who are in disagreement with the OP, is that they have a very narrow view of the problem.

There's a very real problem with combat in and of itself, it's not a measured art, people are making tiny toons exclusively for the purposes to avoid being hit and it's working as in order to hit someone you have to be very precise, unfortunately the game mechanics don't lend themselves well to precision. This becomes a problem especially when near the edges of a territory. Say for example, you're near the edge of enemy territory (especially if you're unaware that the territory has been claimed) and you engage in battle; regardless of who starts this fight, imagine that you get a whack in, he gets a whack in and in the heat of the moment (or a bout of cowardice) the guy with the home turf decides to exploit the mentioned safezone mechanic and steps a foot backwards into his zone. Given the current poor implementation of the territory notification and the current poor combat system, it is often too difficult to tell whether or not you're just plain missing the guy, or if you're in his safezone during a fight.

I mean let's be honest, hitting someone in this game isn't the easiest feat in the world, nor is it the best system to tell you when you've entered a safehold, both of these make it too easy to exploit the safe zone mechanic and that is why it's broken.

lol.. well to each his own I guess.

I just like structure and consolidation. I would have said why post 3 times when I could just post 1 time. Cleaner on the forums.
    Yeah, I've never really concerned myself with clean and tidy forums, I have a natural aversion to order.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    The problem imo, with those people who are in disagreement with the OP, is that they have a very narrow view of the problem.

There's a very real problem with combat in and of itself, it's not a measured art, people are making tiny toons exclusively for the purposes to avoid being hit and it's working as in order to hit someone you have to be very precise, unfortunately the game mechanics don't lend themselves well to precision. This becomes a problem especially when near the edges of a territory. Say for example, you're near the edge of enemy territory (especially if you're unaware that the territory has been claimed) and you engage in battle; regardless of who starts this fight, imagine that you get a whack in, he gets a whack in and in the heat of the moment (or a bout of cowardice) the guy with the home turf decides to exploit the mentioned safezone mechanic and steps a foot backwards into his zone. Given the current poor implementation of the territory notification and the current poor combat system, it is often too difficult to tell whether or not you're just plain missing the guy, or if you're in his safezone during a fight.

I mean let's be honest, hitting someone in this game isn't the easiest feat in the world, nor is it the best system to tell you when you've entered a safehold, both of these make it too easy to exploit the safe zone mechanic and that is why it's broken.
    /signed