Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    So no one should bother trying to do totem missions for fear of being ganked on delivery?
    If the tribe is known for ganking/griefing, KOS everything, no.

But my guesstimate is there will be quite a few tribes that will welcome people for trade, quests, and just chat, and will let you pass through if you are in good relations with the tribe, or, well, just dont cause any trouble on tribe territory (or in open world). You reap what you sow.

I like the mechanic, it has certain...community building...quality...attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I know its not working now, but it should be by launch. If it was working properly and good players would lose alignment after 1-2 kills (good/neutral victims), would you be satisfied with the system ?
    Not really, I'd be satisfied with a system of word of mouth good and evil players or tribes, not some arbitrary mechanic.

I don't care where you're at in-game, if a player attacks you, you should be able to defend yourself. It's a horribly stupid mechanic that even non-pvp players should be offended by. Hell, I could live with people on tribe-land getting massive combat bonuses against those who are trespassing, but I should still be able to defend myself if Sally McCrafter decides to hit me in the head with a shovel because I was walking across her lawn. I know one less person in this game won't matter, but honestly, if it stays this way then I won't be playing at launch - voting with my wallet is the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by byrgar View Post
    haha, such a witty response, shame it is completely wrong though.
    I actually do not have an issue at all with the tribe next to me and their safezone, I have no desire to strip their junk pile bare, or anyone else's for that matter, I do have a wish to see more of the landscape than just my little homestead, and while I am out and about exploring, looking over my shoulder for *evil* players, I really do not want to have to wonder if that player who has a good aligned totem is going to do the same as the *evil* player would, just for shits and giggles because I am in his safezone and cannot hit back.
    I could say something like, Admit it, you just want to be able to gank people with no risk while standing in your safezone, but I will refrain from doing so.
    I'm just speaking from my own experience after wandering all over the game world for more hours than I'm going to admit to. People haven't lurked around their homesteads and tribelands waiting for me to step in so they can gank me. It has not happened even one time that I was passing through someone's area and got attacked. Not once. Maybe I've just been really lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahadius View Post
    I don't care where you're at in-game, if a player attacks you, you should be able to defend yourself. It's a horribly stupid mechanic that even non-pvp players should be offended by. Hell, I could live with people on tribe-land getting massive combat bonuses against those who are trespassing, but I should still be able to defend myself if Sally McCrafter decides to hit me in the head with a shovel because I was walking across her lawn. I know one less person in this game won't matter, but honestly, if it stays this way then I won't be playing at launch - voting with my wallet is the only option.
    Hate to double post, but this is another valid way to go about it, some point down the line, anyway, after more important issues are taken care of.

And I bloody well will brain you with my shovel if you start scavanging off my tiny junk pile (unless you ask first, in which case I'll probably say 'go ahead' and carry on with whatever I'm doing).