Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
    Just to make myself "Clear" this is NOT a thread about how there should or or should Not be SafeZones in the game.

This thread is about a broken game mechanic within the SafeZones.

I tested this in three diffrent tribe lands to be sure and found that if i walk on a tribes land they can attack me "Without" me provoking them or taking resources and yet they remain completly "INVULNRABLE" to my attacks so there is no self defense.

If this is the way it is supposed to be then it is an appaling game mechanic as the attacking party should at least become flagged to you so you may defend yourself.
    1. It's working as intended.
    2. Your defense is: Stay off other people's property.

It is not a "broken mechanic".

Quote Originally Posted by Dweetybyrd View Post
    /agree 100%
    i agree too this as well.

In my point of view this is definitely a broken game feature or at least a miss conception.
    Its fine and necessary that tribe members can defend their territory but everyone has to be able to fight BACK.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Visitor walks on tribal land but he cannot attack someone from that tribe (so we get a save tribal zone).
    2. Visitor walks on tribal land and gets attacked he can defend himself, cause he has not shown any aggressiveness.
    3. Visitor walks on tribal land and start stealing resources he can be attacked.

I see the reasons why it is like it is but this feature destroy exploring completely. Think about a traders who trie to reach tribals, there is no way he can protect himself.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by sxxxxe View Post
    Think about a traders who trie to reach tribals, there is no way he can protect himself.Thx
    Respect traders, dont gank/grief them and they wont have to protect themselves. Its a relationship. Comminication, interaction. Gank/grief few traders on your tribal land (or anywhere in the world that is) and say BB to traders. Its on you and your tribe to establish rules in the circle (and well outside the circle).

Slight modification of the rule is an option, but im more on communication/interaction side of things - get to know the tribe, get to know the player, form relationships and it works good.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Respect traders, dont gank/grief them and they wont have to protect themselves. Its a relationship. Comminication, interaction. Gank/grief few traders on your tribal land (or anywhere in the world that is) and say BB to traders. Its on you and your tribe to establish rules in the circle (and well outside the circle).

Slight modification of the rule is an option, but im more on communication/interaction side of things - get to know the tribe, get to know the player, form relationships and it works good.
    Yes, i agree with you, all you said is true but it feels "unnatural" to me to not be able to protect yourself. You know what i mean? Everything you said would be possible even when you remove the limitation i complain about and i think it would be more "natural" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

for the average tribe this is impossible, since the average person will just attack someone who can not fight back and its like not like you have the chance to be like "im a trader" because of the risk being so great, and trading not being a major thing since theres no safe zones for both parties and there being no trade tools, it just create a circle which in the end of the day there will be people who had bad experinces with guilds and will just give up trading.

the effect of this is that solo'ers will be mostly affected and most tribes and people will not trade with each other.

it might be possible for a guild like forsakan but not a guild of your caliber.

The risk is 2 great and plus if I get attacked, no matter who land it is, I should have a right to defend me self.

Yes, i agree with you, all you said is true but it feels "unnatural" to me to not be able to protect yourself. You know what i mean? Everything you said would be possible even when you remove the limitation i complain about and i think it would be more "natural" too.
    You guys don't seem to understand.

From the FAQ:

11.) Will there be PvP?

Yes, the game is open PVP with consequences and a sparring / training combat mode. In the early Prelude towns will be safe zones.

Part of that "safe zone" design is the fact that you can't waltz onto a tribe or homestead property and attack a player, or steal without "consequences". The fact that you can't retaliate against the property owner is BY DESIGN a "consequence" for the PRELUDE.

Once the Prelude ends (in at least 6-9 months), the safe zone ends, and the combat rules change.

It was made this way because people would grief the tribes, so they gave the tribes a way to get rid of those that were doing the griefing.

However, you shouldn't be on another tribe territory if you do not know they tribe or have a valid reason to be there.

If you are there to steal resources then run, run run!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    Works fine as it is. or it would mean that anyone could just steal resources just to lure folks into hitting them and thus flagging them.
    or by waiting outside tribe l;and untill some folks start gathering and then hit provoke flagging enabling them to attack tho folks on tribe land.

Plenty of reason to keep it as it is, else you can just as well remove all save zones. perhaps whit the combat review it can change to a more adv flagging system but for now its fine. traveled around quite a bit and this is not a problem, just say away of tribes if you carry something wroth it for now.
    Agreed ^^^^

It is fine, and OP stay out of camps, would you walk into my home without being invited?

Actually, I am glad they can kill me. Makes it more fun to try and sneak in and do a little scavenging without getting caught.
    Wait till it gets dark, sneak around the trees. They cant see you. The way the game is set up, they have to be just about next to you to see you.

Last nite, someone ran through our Tribe. I caught a glimpse of him, but before I could chase him, he disappeared. I ran all over our area, but never caught him. It was fun.

Keep it the way it is

Well, plan is to replace unnatural safe zones with natural (semi) safe ones after prelude. But thats for after prelude when tools to do so are ingame. Anyway, you can pretty easily avoid any of tribal/homestead safe zones, theyre not that big. Make friends, make relationships and there should be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    for the average tribe this is impossible, since the average person will just attack someone who can not fight back and its like not like you have the chance to be like "im a trader" because of the risk being so great, and trading not being a major thing since theres no safe zones for both parties and there being no trade tools, it just create a circle which in the end of the day there will be people who had bad experinces with guilds and will just give up trading.
    Well, thats on community and your tribe to do. If you feel the need to gank someone that you know cannot hurt you, well thats your problem really. I see more problems if it would be other way.

the effect of this is that solo'ers will be mostly affected and most tribes and people will not trade with each other.
    Prelude is community/world building phase. If you dont want to trade with anyone, thats your problem, anyway, whats preventing tribes to setup trade on neutral territory ouside safe zones? Who says tribes must trade inside safe-zones? If noone wants to trade with you on your territory, and vice versa, its your own fault. You reap what you sow.

it might be possible for a guild like forsakan but not a guild of your caliber.
    Why dont you let us organize our tribe how we see fit, and you organize yours how you see fit.

The risk is 2 great and plus if I get attacked, no matter who land it is, I should have a right to defend me self.
    Dont go on other people's tribe territory and you will be just fine, you will be able to defend yourself as much as you want.