Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I agree with the OP. You should always be able to defend yourself. Especially since boundaries are not visible.

here's some info i guess most of you are missing(i bolded the important parts):

"In the Prelude:

Unconsciousness results in very minor skill loss and in general the victor will be allowed to loot an item of choice as a reward for a fight well fought.

Death results in some stat and skill loss and allows the victor to fully loot the player. This is not without complications and consequences for the victor.

- Carrying capacity is limited, so fully looting another player will not be practical.

- A dead or unconscious player can be looted by friends as well as enemies. Friends have the loot advantage by having a quick button to rescue select loot from a fellow player. The advantage is to players that fight in groups and players that know when to pack up and flee from a losing battle.

- Killing or looting a person that is not in an enemy tribe will cause severe reputation loss with the other tribe and within your own tribe.

And there’s more…

When tribes are formed an overall tribe alignment is chosen. Players in a good or neutral tribe will automatically become outcasts if they ‘gank’ a good or neutral player of a non enemy tribe.

Players from an evil tribe are free to loot and pillage and will gain reputation within their own tribe for doing so, but they will also be vulnerable to attacks from all players who will be able to attack evil players without negative consequences. Players in good or neutral tribes will be allowed to put bounty quests on known evil players. In essence, if a tribe chooses to be evil they become the ‘monsters’ of the world.

Tribes can choose different levels of diplomacy with each other.

Players from friendly or allied tribes can fight each other, but only to unconsciousness and without looting capability.

Players from rival tribes can fight each other to unconsciousness with partial loot to the victor. Potentially the amount of looting can be agreed upon by rival tribes. (Setting the amount of looting is not currently implemented, but it’s something I am considering).

Players from enemy tribes at war can fight to the death with full looting (Potentially tribe leaders can come to a looting agreement for this as well).

Tribal leaders can set what actions are acceptable by their tribe members, in effect determining the laws within each tribe. Even an evil tribe may have a set of lows for its members to follow in order to maintain civil trade and exchange with other tribes.

Two good tribes can not become enemies, they can become rivals at worst.

Breaking the rules agreed upon by your tribes is possible but will result in a warning. If you proceed to act after the warning, your character is set to full evil mode and your reputation, alignment and karma consequences will be severe."

Taken from here http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-and-Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Eremon View Post
    No it won't. If it rises to a level of "griefing" a tribe/player in attempt to goad them into engaging you in "Pvp", the griefers will be dealt with by the GM's. Griefing is not an accepted form of gameplay.
    You lack vision. Just turn it into a greater political context of territory wars and the "griefers" will be fine. Scorched earth is a timeless classic of warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilbrtsn View Post
    I agree with the OP. You should always be able to defend yourself. Especially since boundaries are not visible.
    They are not visible, but the game do inform you that you have entered a tribe's territory. Its a bigger problem IMO that you don't know the alignment of the tribe you are visiting. That will cause a big problem when it comes to trading and questing, no one will dare to enter since there is no way to check a tribe's alignment, you simply have to believe what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Hmmm, have you considered.....not killing a guy that runs through tribes territory? You know, you dont have to gank everything that walks, crawls and flies, but i guess, that goes against your "playstyle".

So, fear destruction of your own resources by vengeful people you killed (and looted). And im pretty sure certain tribes will do that regularly to some other tribes, so that other tribes will have all the more satisfaction to kick poachers out with god-mode.

I like idea of status quo safe zones more and more
    I see some of your former Shadowbane players in guild have gone soft kicking around in Hopi Tribe w/this attitude, that doesn't bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    The tribes that KOS anyone not in their tribe are probably the PvP tribes and to be honest, I think they are reckless and unorganized right now.
    I wouldn't put my money on that.

This whole PvP kill on sight, gank anyone you see will settle down once the warring feature is implemented.
    It will settle down if the warring feature is implemented well, if not, open pvp and ganking it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    link:http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-and-Decisions

And you are right, the alignment system is switched off for now.
    That does not state it will happen if they gank a player on their tribe land. It states in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Pretty much. We ran across some guys yesterday that wouldn't come out of their town to fight even though they're PVPers, so we started chopping down and destroying all their trees (had there been more we could do to entice them out we would have). The latter behavior will only get worse (or better depending on your pov) so long as you can't fight back.
    Ummm, that will happen anyway, dont really see how its connected to the issue. What, if you cannot gank players, you will gank....trees?

If the tribe doesnt want to protect its surroundings...

I see some of your former Shadowbane players in guild have gone soft kicking around in Hopi Tribe w/this attitude, that doesn't bode well.
    Everyone is so considerate to Hopi tribe What else do you suggest for betterment of Hopi tribe?

It will settle down if the warring feature is implemented well, if not, open pvp and ganking it is.
    Well, i guess we will have to wait a while to find out how it will be, im itching to find out myself.

Where is the balance for this game?

Your going to have good tribes created to go after evil tribes as that is there playstyle and you will have evil tribes created as it is their playstyle.

The good tribe can sit back on their land completly invulnrable and the evil tribe can do nothing but the good tribe can walk over and do as they wish in the evil tribes land.

while i'm all for safezones in prelude it should not allow them to be invulnerable if they attack someone within their tribe area that to me would be a bug and needs to be fixed.