Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

A Terribly Broken Game Feature

Just to make myself "Clear" this is NOT a thread about how there should or or should Not be SafeZones in the game.

This thread is about a broken game mechanic within the SafeZones.

I tested this in three diffrent tribe lands to be sure and found that if i walk on a tribes land they can attack me "Without" me provoking them or taking resources and yet they remain completly "INVULNRABLE" to my attacks so there is no self defense.

If this is the way it is supposed to be then it is an appaling game mechanic as the attacking party should at least become flagged to you so you may defend yourself.

Now i realise Fanboy trolls will say "Well then don't walk on a tribes land" but quite honestly how can you take away somones ability to defend themselves if they choose to run through somones land to cut off a 5-10 min walk around or more. I see plenty of tribes set up shop in valleys that will take a person even 20 mins to find a walk around.

I don't mind at all that somone can attack me for simply walking through their land but i should be able to defend myself.

This game mechanic needs serious discussion.

We need to hear the Devs come forward and justify Allowing someone to attack and loot you without provacation other then walking through their land while remaining completly invulnrable. I think we should receive a list of details explaining why this is being implemented as well as why no other alternatives will work.

Thoughts and opinions please.

Works fine as it is. or it would mean that anyone could just steal resources just to lure folks into hitting them and thus flagging them.
    or by waiting outside tribe l;and untill some folks start gathering and then hit provoke flagging enabling them to attack tho folks on tribe land.

Plenty of reason to keep it as it is, else you can just as well remove all save zones. perhaps whit the combat review it can change to a more adv flagging system but for now its fine. traveled around quite a bit and this is not a problem, just say away of tribes if you carry something wroth it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dweetybyrd View Post
    /agree 100%
    This current broken mechanic deters people from exploring and deters community building as again...why meet somone to trade or walk into a tribes city when they have complete invulnrability and can murder you for simply being on their land with out you being able to fight back.

Again im all for people being able to attack me anywhere but i Have to have the ability to defend myself oppsed to watching somone in God mode kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    Works fine as it is. or it would mean that anyone could just steal resources just to lure folks into hitting them and thus flagging them.
    or by waiting outside tribe l;and untill some folks start gathering and then hit provoke flagging enabling them to attack tho folks on tribe land.

Plenty of reason to keep it as it is, else you can just as well remove all save zones. perhaps whit the combat review it can change to a more adv flagging system but for now its fine. traveled around quite a bit and this is not a problem, just say away of tribes if you carry something wroth it for now.
    How is allowing pvp but giving the attacker complete invulnrabilty ok by any means as i have absolutly never seen this in a game as it is by no means an acceptable feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron View Post

If this is the way it is supposed to be then it is an appaling game mechanic as the attacking party should at least become flagged to you so you may defend yourself.

Works fine. If you're too lazy to run around their territory, you deserve to get ganked. It's called their 'territory' for a reason.

You made your point, and I explained why it currently works as it is. it will change in time no doubt. but its not a priority right now.
    this should be posted in the tweaks section and not in prelude talk in the first place.

this is a game that always need work, it wil never ever be perfect. you have a point to talk about or like to see changed, make a constructive post (your done that) and let people discuss it. if you want to reply yourself again you need to bring valid points to the table. and not simply repeat what you said before. that brings it nowhere.

-I- don't see this isseu as a priority, it gives you and the baddies a save spot to retread tho. it gives you and them control, it stops -grief-attemps that would be possible in a flagging system.
    in time it will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Works fine. If you're too lazy to run around their territory, you deserve to get ganked. It's called their 'territory' for a reason.
    Again...i expected a response like this and answered it in thread start. None should be given absolute invulnrability. If i walk onto tribe land and am attacked I should be able to defend myself. You call people lazy for not wanting to find a 20 min walk around in order to avoid people in god mode? Honestly it is ridiculous to allow people to attack you but not be attacked back and can be so easily fixed.

I honeslty don't understand how anyone would actually accept devs giving players the ability to attack somone/loot someone while they remane invulnrable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    You made your point, and I explained why it currently works as it is. it will change in time no doubt. but its not a priority right now.
    this should be posted in the tweaks section and not in prelude talk in the first place.

this is a game that always need work, it wil never ever be perfect. you have a point to talk about or like to see changed, make a constructive post (your done that) and let people discuss it. if you want to reply yourself again you need to bring valid points to the table. and not simply repeat what you said before. that brings it nowhere.

-I- don't see this isseu as a priority, it gives you and the baddies a save spot to retread tho. it gives you and them control, it stops -grief-attemps that would be possible in a flagging system.
    in time it will get better.
    Ok so lets go over some valid points.

It does not allow greifing as again no one can attack you first but you may attack the person trespassing on your land. If you belive they are stronger then yourself then you grab a few tribe mates and all attack him and kill him but he should be able to defend himself.

Your second argument was people sitting outside tribe land and hit provoking...i dont see how that is really plausible. The player makes the decision and if you attack somone you should be flagged to them so they may defend themselves.